I remember just a short time ago writing about Brooke going off to Kindergarten and how that was and now, here we are going to 1st grade. These years are getting faster and faster and I better shape up and quit wasting time. During these years the kids actually want to do things with Mama and Daddy and want to be by my side every minute of the day, and this is really a good thing. In just a few years I realize that will no longer be the case, the older they get the more time alone or with friends they will want and Mama and Daddy will be history (unless they need something that probably cost money, of course). I love my children and don't want to miss any opportunities with them. I continue to pray everyday that God gives me the strength to deal with the difficult days and to keep me on course as a parent!
Well, here's to the 1st day of 1st Grade:
Wake up sleepy head! Get your teeth brushed, hair brushed, clothes on, shoes on and get downstairs so I can get your breakfast and make your lunch for the day. Oh yeah, forgot, go put some lotion on those legs! Well, I can say I did not forget what all she has to do every morning! This year of course, she will be a little more independant than last year.
Teeth Brushed: check; hair brushed: check; clothes/shoes on: check; breakfast: check; lotion on legs: check; pack school lunch: checkReady to go!
Fogot one thing: hug little brother so he won't be so sad! He wanted in the picture so bad. He did fine until a few minutes ago, he came up stairs in the office, "where's daddy and Brooke?". I forget how much adjusting he has to do when she goes to school too!
Ok Daddy, I'm ready! By the way, she came downstairs last night and said "I think I do want Daddy to take me inside for my first day." She first said she could do car rider and go in by herself, but little did she know her Daddy had already said that he was taking her inside. She was not too old for him to do that! I think he was completely tickled inside that she wanted him to take her to school instead of Mama! Can't say the same for mama's ego!
No comments:
Post a Comment