OK, for the sake of the younger ones that may be looking at this blog while the parents are on, I have moved the Chicken Fried (Zac Brown Band) song to the bottom of the playlist. Since he is talking about drinking beer on a Friday night, probably not the best for little ears to hear and not many stay on long enough to hear all the way through my playlist, so thought I might be safe with it at the bottom. That way if you like the song you can still advance down to it if no little ears are around!
I was reading a friends blog about her daughter and son getting ahold of her iPod and listening to "The Cow Song" and got such a kick out of that. Unfortunately there are a lot of songs out there that bring me back to Michael's and the bands playing days (don't want to relive it), which I always loved hearing a live band play, especially theirs because they sounded awesome! I do miss the music sometimes and every once in a while (mainly when the kids beg) he will get out the guitar and play some for them and me. I pray that our kids will have his and his families musical abilities and not mine! I can't even hum a tune... how bad is that! Don't get me wrong, I love to sing, it just doesn't sound good...AT ALL!!!
Which talking about the kids, Brooke brought home a slip of paper the other day from school and she has been selected (five out of every class) as one of the ones in her class to sing at Curriculum Night next Tuesday! All she could say was, "I know Daddy will be proud of me!" How cute is that! She is right, Daddy was very proud that she was selected by her music teachers for this. No matter how small the job of singing (by yourself or with a group), her talents have to start somewhere! She still won't join choir at church though, go figure! She said she just doesn't want to sing all the time. What she really means is she wants to sing on her own terms! She tried it about 2 years ago and came home saying "I don't like it, all they do is sing and play instruments"?? What else are you suppose to do in choir?? When she is ready, hopefully she will try it again and really be able to develop something. Only time will tell! I will try to video one of the songs they sing and post after Tuesday. We'll see how it turns out.
1 comment:
Addilyn is going to be my little singer. She walks around singing "I love you" from Barney and "Jesus Loves Me" all the time. Now we're working on "ABC" song.
I hope Brooke does well at curriculum night. I'm sure Daddy will be beaming!
Post a Comment