Thursday, August 7, 2008

GOD...IS THAT YOU?

OK, I have just had a corky day all together. I feel like I am running in circles for whatever reason? First off, I know my #1 problem is I have not been in the Word lately. The end of this summer has just had me off kilter and I have not been able to get back in my groove. I have felt satan around me big time lately and he is such a lurker!

Well, this week we just knew was going to be one busy week for us anyhow. Football is now in full swing and I just forget how much that takes. You would think that with Michael without work right now, that we would see more of him. Wrong...he is working more now that he doesn't have a job. God has blessed us all summer though with him not "working" (don't get me wrong, he is not laying around the house by no means, he is working at the football field doing what he loves by coaches these kids). God has provided for us when I did not think it would ever be possible. I know He does have a plan for us somewhere, and it is always in His timing, not ours. This brings me back to Jeremiah 29:11 "for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." How awesome is that promise He has made for us! He has made this promise to me and I can't even take the time out of my day to read, study and pray about what else he has in store for our family. We are such creatures of habit and I fall right at the top of that list!

So, our week started Sunday morning with new Sunday School classes for the kids, which they adjust so much better than I ever did or do with new surroundings. I pray my kids get their Daddy's side of the "interacting with others" table. We went to church earlier than normal due to Brooke graduating up to Children's Church, they were having a little breakfast for the parents and the children of the 1st graders so everyone knew what to expect and it was not so frightening for the kids "actually for me"! Then, I was off to my new class of 1 year olds. They are all so precious. Almost all of our class was present on Sunday, so I was glad to go ahead and get to meet most of them. These kids were awesome, very little crying going on which is good for that age. This year will be a little different for me as I have always rotated Sunday's with another couple for the 6 years I have been doing this, and God started laying on my heart over this last year to do it every Sunday. I am giving it a try, but I know I will miss my adult Sunday School class. I think I interact better with one year olds than some adults though. So Sunday, pretty busy day at church and when we got to service Michael told me he ran into our good friends Dale and Gina Bradford and they wanted us to come over that night for dinner.

Just a little background: Michael used to work with Dale and we got to know them well, then they invited to church where we are going now. This was 8 years ago and we knew right off that is where God was leading us at the time since we did not have kids, but they followed soon after. Once we had Brooke and I started her in the preschool program we realized it was a long drive 3 days a week to Loganville from Lilburn, so we decided to move closer. We ended up only a mile and half down the road from Dale and Gina and much closer to the church. God has definitely blessed us with them as our friends, although we really don't see each other much anymore. They have 2 boys that are much older (high school age). We did end up having a great visit with them though. It was their 23rd (I believe) anniversary, so they cooked for us (I know, that is so backwards) and Michael played them some of Gina's favorites on his guitar. Dale was able to have some guy time with Logan and teach him new tricks! For those of you who know Dale, you don't want your child learning tricks from him!LOL! Well, we left there about 11:30pm that night, so the kids were pretty tired.

Monday and Tuesday, the football team had their marathon practices, from 2:30pm to 10pm, so Michael would not get in until after 11pm those two nights and then of course he can't go straight to sleep, so he stays up watching tv for a while. I'm snoozing away! Wednesday, the football team had to go to the GA Dome for their practice there, mainly to get used to being on that field since we play our opening game in the Corky Kell Classic down there on the 23rd! Wow, 2 weeks away! I went on to church with the kids and Michael was going to meet us if they got back. We went early for the kids to play in the gym on the inflatables before class started and to sign Brooke up for class this year. Well, Logan was fast asleep the whole time in the gym, on my shoulder, drool and all... so he missed out on all the action. I left Brooke and took him, then off to my class.

Michael and I are taking the Scream Free Parenting class! Whoo hoo! Sounds good, I know for my kids it does, not that I scream or anything... Our preschool director and her husband are teaching the class and I can tell it is going to be awesome. The company: www.screamfree.com is based out of Duluth (where my office is located) and they are training people to become facilitators for them to spread the word. He is trying to get into schools, churches, business', etc. He has two different books; one is the Christian version, which shares scriptures and then the one you can buy anywhere, the nonChristian version. This way he is able to get into more doors with it. Pretty sad that people would not let the Christian version speak for itself! Anyhow, I really look forward to this 9 week class. She set up a blog page for our class to be able to share together also (I have it linked in my Blog List below).

Today, me and Brooke got to go meet her new teacher, Mrs. Bowen. She seems very sweet and Brooke is excited about starting school Monday. Michael took Logan with him this morning to the school so I could take her without him taking all my attention. Not Logan!!! Logan had a ball at the school though, he loves playing in the coaches office and there were so many people in and out around there, he loved it. After Brooke and I got done, we started outside and I realized my phone just went to voicemail. It was Michael calling to see where I was. I had to go pick Logan up from the school so he could head out to Covington. The football team left today at 2pm to go to camp until Sunday. He was having to pull the trailor, so he was suppose to leave early, but the trailor had not arrived yet. Anyhow, I pulled my phone out and just went to missed calls and hit the button, not paying attention to the number. I am sitting at the red light in another world just waiting for Michael to pick up and let him know I am on my way. Then a lady answers, needless to say I was a little taken by this although it was the coaches office phone, not his cell thank goodness! I just sat there stunned and could not think of who I was even calling. Then finally, I asked for Michael. The person on the other end, said "you called your Aunt Robin"! OK, I needed that God, I needed to be awakened by my dazzed spell I was in and that did it. I was honestly so frazzeled just trying to hurry with Brooke's teacher, which by the way if you don't have a kid in school yet, be prepared to fill out your whole life's history with them on paper! They ask for everything but a blood sample! Anyhow, back to my story, so I had the opportunity to talk to my aunt for a few minutes while driving to the high school. Thanks Aunt Robin for the conversation, it must have been needed for something. It was good to talk to you, even though short! You've seen on tv, where the person is just standing there in a very busy and hectic scene with cars and people just flying by them, but they are just standing there. That is how I have felt this week, in another world, but still seeing the craziness that runs before me. So we got to the school, got my sweet little boy, who was having so much fun around all those guys, kissed Daddy goodbye again, and headed home.

Our last weekend before we get back to business with school doings and football games. I am suppose to take the kids over to Halie's tomorrow after I finish work and swim, order pizza and just play with Brodey and Spencer. Saturday is dedicated to getting all of my consignment items out, organized, entered into inventory and tagged so that will be done. I just keep finding more things to throw in there, so I will have to stop doing that now. We will probably do a movie night again either Friday or Saturday night, where the kids bring all their stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows on the livingroom floor and we watch a movie that we have seen 10000000 times over again, and eat some popcorn. Their goal is just getting to stay up later than normal. Those of you that know me, I do everything in my power to have those kids down by 8pm every night, except when football games come around. That is just my solitude that I look forward to everyday. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, but I just don't ever relax until then and even then, they are both up and down going to the bathroom 5 times before they finally give up! Well, I have taken up enough of your time and energy to read through this loooonnnggg post and we have a storm coming up. Don't want to loose power before posting this one. Hope I wasn't too negative in this post, if so, oh well that's what my heart speaks right now!

2 comments:

Dave and Michele Yarbrough said...

I didn't know you have a blog! I can't tell you how much your comments meant to me. I could not sleep last night I was so worried. You and Jodi have made my day! Your comments about your Sunday School class really made me smile! You're such a blessing to me!

Michele said...

I forgot to thell you that WoolyPeaches is the blog of one of the kids in your class! The link is on my blog.