Good Morning Sleepy Head!
Logan's first day of school and he did not want to go to sleep last night, so this is what I got this morning! One sleepy kid! Luckily the morning was way too busy to get down in the dumps about my baby going off to school for the first time. He was soooo excited and I was worried when we got there that he would not want to go in due to all the people in the hallways. Oh no, he was ready he even forgot to give me a kiss. I debated calling him back with the fear of "Oh no, I did not mean to walk away from MomMom. I don't want you to leave me!", but I did because I wanted another kiss from my baby boy. He walked right back and laid a BIG kiss on me and went back to his room ready to go. He could not figure out still why he had to wait another hour after taking Brooke to school and why he did not have his lunch bag with him. How cute is that!!
The morning started off a little crazy. I try to let them both sleep as late as possible, but those who know me, know that I hate to be late for anything. If my kids have to be at school between 8:20am and 8:50am, they will be there at 8:20am. That is just me and always has been. Anyhow, I went in to start waking Brooke, who is so much of a girl (it takes her longer to brush her teeth and look in the mirror than it does for me to shower!), she finally got up and headed to the bathroom for her morning of looking at herself (I guess, she closes the door so who knows what all she is doing in there.). Next thing I hear a loud scream (there is a HUGE bug in my bathroom scream), she finally runs out and sure enough, there was a HUGE bug in her bathroom with antenna's. First of all she acts like me when she sees a bug, so now I have had to become the brave one, go figure! I go in with my bug spray not knowing what to find since all the rain is running them inside to dry land. I go in and finally see a little spider, with no antenna's! Poor spider was frightened by this high pitch screaming giant girl! Ok, sorry for the spider lovers out there, there is no more spiders in the bathroom!
Finally she gets ready, then we get Logan up and ready for his first day. They eat their breakfast and go outside to pooring down rain. Brooke has her rain jacket on and ready to go. We drop her off first, come back home for about 30 minutes, then off to Loganville to drop Logan off (no, I did not name him after that town!). We both bundle up together so we don't get soaked and run him into school. He had that BIG backpack on and walked right in. Said goodbye, have a good day and off I go back to Brooke's school. She was chosen to be the Cooper Kid of the Week this week in her classroom, which intells more homework and for Mommy or Daddy to come and do something with the class. I chose today to go and read one of Brooke's favorite books to the class during their snack time. We read the True Story of Balto the Bravest Sled Dog (thanks Grandma and Papa John!). The kids seemed to enjoy it and had lots of questions that any 6 year old could possibly have. You know: what happened to the dog - he died a long time ago, how'd he die? Did you ever see Balto? I thought this was a story about Pluto - no Pluto is at Disney, this dog is from Alaska. etc... It was fun to see Brooke in her environment though and meet some of her class mates that I am starting to hear about. They really were a great class and listened well. Anyhow, I will be off to go get Logan again in about 45 minutes so this day has been a busy one so far. We have Brooke's curriculum night tonight and first the PTA meeting where Brooke gets to sing with 4 others from her class and 5 from all the other classes! Hopefully I will have a short video to post on that later.

Logan woke up telling me, " That light is way too bright MomMom".
Logan all ready for school with his new Bright Beginnings t-shirt on and his BIG backpack!
My babies are getting so big! I can't believe he is almost 3 and Brooke not far from being 7. Did I just say 7?? That is only 3 away from 10! Oh my how the time is flying by. )-: God please help me to make the most of all of these years and not let them slip by! I love my children and don't want to wake up one day wishing I had done all these things for them and with them. I want to be the best Mama I can be to them!
2 comments:
Good for you for calling him back for the kiss. Chances are he might would have realized he forgot after it was too late - and that would have been too sad!
Great post, Tiffany. You are doing a great job treasuring each moment. Just soak it up!
Post a Comment