Monday, August 13, 2007

The GA Aquarium - what an adventure we had!

We finally got to go to the GA Aquarium thanks to our good friends Denise, Tommy and Preston. They were coming through Atlanta on Saturday and asked us to go. So, I took the kids while Michael was at a football camp. We had tickets for 1pm and we got there about 1:30pm. It was so hot walking just from the parking garage to the Aquarium, but as soon as we got up to the security check, I realized one horrible mistake. I left my keys in the van! Nothing I could do now, but go in and try to enjoy ourselves, we would deal with it after we were done! Ha! When we finished up with everything, Tommy went to find a worker there and she walked us to the parking garage to wait on security to come. Then the security guy went to where the van was and pretty much stayed with us the whole time - he had to leave one time to go check on a bus situation. We thought it was going to be pretty quick, but no, they had to call someone and then that company could not find a locksmith to come, so Denise and the security guy got on both phones just trying to get anyone. Finally got someone and 3 hours later we were unlocked and on our way home! Yes, it was extremely hot in that garage. Tommy brought their vehicle up to the same floor the van was on so we could all get in out of the heat. He let his truck run until it was getting too hot, so then me and Denise took the kids across the street to a dive of a restaurant to change diapers and get something to drink/eat. As soon as I ordered my drink Tommy called us and said I needed to come back over to give my id. So, me and Logan took off running.
We also found out from the first worker who walked us to the parking garage said this was the worst day they had so far this year with crowds. Due to the heat, people were coming in at their scheduled times but then they were not leaving. At the 8 and 9 am times there were only 400 people inside and by 11am she said there were 4,000 people in there. I ran over at least 3,000 toes with my stroller! We had fun, but next time we will go at the earliest hour to avoid some of that crowd! Thanks Tommy, Denise, and Preston! All the kids did great considering the crowds, no naps and the heat once we got to the vehicles waiting to get ours unlocked.
Ok, I forgot to mention, Logan had one meltdown right when we got in because he did not want to be in a stroller. We put him in Preston's at first for a change of scenery! It worked for about a minute. Then he was fine once we started moving.
I did not realize until Brooke told me, her, Preston and Logan all matched with their colors on. I don't know what the kids were all staring at in here except maybe the top of this aquarium when really high up.
This was "Mr. Ray" from Finding Nemo according to Logan and Brooke. He was the biggest Sting Ray I have ever seen. This picture did not do it justice. They were swimming above our heads.
This was the cool Saw Fish, I think they called it.
And, here was some of the huge Whale Sharks. There were several in this shark tank and we got to watch them feed them from below. They got out in a little dingy boat and fed them.
Taking a quick snack break after seeing the sharks!
Preston being such a Big Boy!
Logan was glad to be able to get out and play a little. We were sitting on a rock wall watching the Beluga Whales (I probably mispelled). They were so neat to watch move in the water. They seem so friendly.
This was right before we started to leave all the gallery's. Brooke was staring off into space or she was amused by something behind me!
Hi Mom!
Tommy, Preston and Denise in front of a cool aquarium on the way out.

No comments: