Well, we were off to school this morning. Brooke got up at 7am and the power had gone off again. I am sure with all the kids and parent's getting up for the first day of school, our power company must have had a huge power overload!

Right before we left the house this morning. She has her bookbag and her lunchbag ready to go.

We were waiting in the van before they opened the doors.

Getting ready to walk in that big school. Luckly she won't have to go into the 3 story building in the background until 3rd grade. That was the newest addition this past year.

Just waiting for them to let everyone in. There were a ton of people standing in the foyer, so we choose to stand outside for a little while. They won't let you go to the classes until 8:20am.

Ok, I got a huge kick out of this herd of cattle. That is what Brooke called it, she said "Mama, this is like a bunch of cows waiting". I laughed that she would associate all these people to a herd of cows. Check out the hair-do in front of me! Hope Brooke doesn't come home with that idea one day!

She was showing me the turtle she made on the night of the orientation last week.

Ready to go in! Bye Mom!

Going over to the hooks on the wall to find where she is suppose to hand her bookbag. She never looked back! Logan started wining a little then and all the way out. When we got home he stood outside of her room door and knocked, then shouted "Brooke". I told him she was at school and he fussed for a few minutes. It probably won't hit him for a couple of days when he realizes how much she is gone. Mommy did good, I did not cry until on the way home and then just had a few tears, until I downloaded the pictures, then a few more came running down! She was ready so hopefully she is enjoying it. She was only concerned about sitting in the cafeteria. I told her to see if she could sit by the teacher and she would be fine. I think she was worried she could not open her lunch items by herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment