Thursday, April 30, 2009

My First Tooth...Gone!

The day has finally arrived...that first tooth GONE! Brooke has her two bottom teeth that have been barely hanging on for a while now and she messes with them all the time. The one that is still there is just laying sideways. I told her to just twist it a little and it will probably fall right out. Yeah Right!
Well, we went to get her from Children's Church Kid's Inc. last night and she was running to me grinning as big as she could holding up a little baggie! "You finally lost it!" Just to see the excitement in your child's eyes over something so small is the best feeling ever. I remember the days of trying to pull my teeth out and that fear of it hurting. Then when it does fall out, I always followed up with "that wasn't so bad!" She did the same thing might I add. She said she just twisted it a little bit and it fell right out and did not even hurt!
I told her they will all start falling out quicker now once she has lost that first one.
As she was getting ready for bed last night, she asked if she had to take it out of the baggie to put under her pillow. For my sanity of trying to find that little thing, I told her just to leave it in the bag and put it on her bedside table. "But, it is suppose to be under my pillow!" "Well, leave it in the bag then so it won't get lost".
After she was fast asleep, I went in and saw the baggie on her table "great, that is easy", I pick up the bag and there is no tooth! "What did she do with that thing?" I start looking around on her table in the dark and see a small little object, but it looked to be of color not white. Picked it up and it was a little pink seashell that she has. "Great, where is that thing???" Finally looked a little harder and felt around and right beside the shell was that weeeee little tooth sitting there.
I left the money and took the tooth out the door with me, never to have been seen! She asked me on the way home from church how much I thought she would get and I told her "all teeth are a $1". "My friends told me theirs are $1.50", "well there Tooth Fairy is richer than the one I always had". "All teeth are always $1, so don't be disappointed if that is what you get!"
When does the day come that they no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy or even Santa Clause??? I don't want to know that answer, I enjoy the innocence of not knowing! Dear Jesus, thank you for the innocence of our children. They keep things so real and in perspective! I am so blessed to have these two innocent children and I will treasure that forever! Amen

You can see that other one just laid over!

No comments: