I thank God each and every day for giving us this awesome opportunity at raising these children and thank Him for trusting us with them. They certainly don't come with a manual as everyone says after that first one and no one person has all the answers at raising children (even when they think they do!). The more I go on in life I am trying to realize that every person, child and adult are different. Even when we say those famous words "he acts just like his Mama/Daddy!" No, he has some of his traits, but God created each and everyone differently with their own unique personalities!
My child, as Nana puts it, was blessed with 2 personalities (not to be mistaken by double personality, just two). This unique child can make a tree laugh and in the same day make me mad enough to take his trains away! It is the age, they all go through it one time or another. I just pray both of mine got it over with in their 2's - 3's and we don't have to go through any of this in the teen's. Hey, it doesn't hurt to pray!
We are blessed to be able to raise both boy and girl. We are still learning the differences between the two, oh and there are soooo many! Girls are lots more independent than the boys (these are all in my case, not all cases). I thought girls wined a lot, boys are pretty close on that one! Both of mine are picky eaters, so no clear winner there! Boys were easier to potty train (again, in my case). I could bribe my girl easier than my boy (not a good one, I know)! My threats were taken to heart quicker with my girl, Logan knows I don't follow through often! Neither like me talking on the phone or working for that matter! Brooke was better at self entertaining than Logan is while I work. Brooke would ride rides easier than Logan and now she is in love with roller coasters, Logan you can forget even the Dumbo ride at Disney (he wanted no part in that)!
I love these differences and the many more to come. I love to go wake up my children in the morning and just watch them rouse from their night of slumber! Wondering, what did they dream of last night? Logan probably dreaming of getting his leg stuck in between the slats on his bed, which he did last night and screamed bloody murder for Mommy!!!! I am not as crazy about mealtimes since both are picky in their own different ways. I do love taking them to school and seeing their face light up to walk into the building for another day of learning and playing with friends. I love to pick them both up from school and have that non stop talking for a few minutes at least, telling me all about their days. I love vacation times. I love Friday nights after a ballgame with Daddy and the kids. I love Sunday afternoons when we all just hang out together. I love to load up on a Saturday and find something to do together. I love to see excitement in my childrens eyes when we reveal something fun that we are going to do or let them do. I love to see the excitement in their faces when we mention any grandparent coming to see us or going to see them. I love to see their love for others/friends. I just love their innocence at these ages!
Logan, we pray you will have a birthday to remember, even if we don't do much! We pray you stay healthy and happy all through life. We pray you find your purpose in life and live it to the fullest that God desires for you. We pray that you embrace God and wrap your life around who He is. We pray you are a great friend to others and a great influence. We pray for the one God has chosen for your life one day and for her family. We pray you always turn to God in troubled times and to praise Him for all that happens in your life, good or bad! We pray you one day make a difference in someone else's life. We love you and love who you are becoming. We love your silly times and we love the times you are mad. We are all learning through this thing called life and we learn from each other in that time. Thank you for being a son we are proud of! Happy Birthday Logan and to many more! Love Mommy and Daddy and Brooke of course!
This slideshow has 200 pictures of Logan from day one to now. I was only going to do this years pictures, but there are sooo many from the beginning that show who he is and that I still love so much. Hope you enjoy watching his journey as we have!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

2 comments:
I love smilebox! Logan is sooo cute! Happy Birthday little man!
Great job, Tiffany! Love you little Logan!
Post a Comment