We spoke earlier in the week and talked about getting together, but just could not decide and finally said that we needed to or it may be another year before we can get together again. Hope not! The kids were so pumped up about going too, there was no turning back.
We had the best time visiting, catching up, playing, getting the kids to say the cutest things, etc. We got up on Saturday morning and decided to go to the zoo. They had a water area to play in too if it got too hot, so we took advantage of that and off to the zoo we went. It was an overcast all day, but never rained on us.
The kids had the best time seeing all the animals. I must admit their zoo was much better than the Atlanta zoo, which I was so not impressed with. You were able to get so close to the animals and we had the best time watching the Lion's. They started running around and playing with each other so that was pretty neat to see instead of them just laying around. I was impressed with the large crocodiles. They are fascinating to me for some strange reason.
We got a kick out of Logan (you will see in the pictures and I will add the video too), without saying a word to him he asked to have the map. We gave it to him while we were looking at the black swans and he laid it down on the ground and was asking "where does the map say we go next?", "It says we go to the bunny rabbits!". It was priceless and of course he was walking in his own little world still looking at the map. We thought it was funny because we know that men normally don't look at maps! LOL!
Preston and Brooke went in with Nise to see the birds and you can let them land on you. They did not care for that much and it was so loud in there. I did not attempt to take Logan, he would have flipped out! We did go around and see all the aminals (as the kids call it) first, then we did a picnic and let the kids enjoy the water. They had the biggest time playing in that and the Foam Zone! After that we changed them back into dry clothes and headed off to the carrousel and then the train. It was a great way to end the day.
Our plans were to wear the kids out, not give them a nap and then put them to bed early so me and Denise could actually have a conversation! Well, our plans did not work quite that good. They did fine during the zoo, noone was tired, but as soon as they got in the car all eyes started rolling. We were going to a Mexican restaraunt so we would not have to get out again and Logan fell completely asleep before ever getting there. I actually picked him up and took him in, laid him on the bench seat between Brooke and I and he never woke up. So I did not order him anything to eat and when we loaded back in the car, he woke up for a minute and said "I'm hungry"! Luckily he went back to sleep for a little while. When we got home we let them play around for a while then let Logan and Preston get a bath to wind down.
We did have them in bed by 8:30pm which was not bad and they all seemed to sleep pretty good. The funniest thing all weekend though, Preston called Logan and Brooke "That boy and that girl" all weekend. Denise would try to get him to say Brooke or Logan, but he just called them that boy! "Mommy, what is that boy sitting over there saying to his mommy?", etc. It was sooo darn cute. Then on Sunday while I was in the bedroom packing up, Logan came in and said "where is that girl?", "are you talking about Denise?", "yes mam!". "That girl's name is Denise!" She could hear him from her bedroom and we got a big kick out of it. Then it was back to reality and we had to head home after lunch Sunday. Thank you Nise and Preston for a great weekend visit! We will definitely have to do it again so they can remember each others names! LOL! I'm sure I am leaving out a lot of cute things they said to each other, but I forgot to write anything down and my memory is not that great.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
This is Logan's video where he was looking at the map. Too cute!
"The map says we go to bunny rabbits!"

5 comments:
How fun!! I am going to have to check out that zoo. I love the water area... Avery would love the bubbles! On a sidenote, I stumbled across Smilebox the other day and LOVED it! Was it hard to place on your blog, or just like a YouTube video?
Shelley
Smilebox is extremely easy to use compared to some others. The download is so fast for pictures and video. I did not use Smilebox for this video of Logan b/c I could not find something for it to go with since so short. The only downside to it is you can only put one song on the entire slideshow and that gets boring after hearing it 3 times! The zoo was great to me, I am sure Avery would love it. Missed him Sunday!
Tiffany
I sent a birthday card to my step-mom with new Avery pics using Smilebox and LOVED how easy it was. I can't wait until I have a reason to make a video for the blog. They seemed to have a lot of free options too, which is nice! He missed you too!!
Love the template! Man, I have some catching up to do on your blog!
Tiffany, this is precious. I was there and just cackled out loud as I watched the pics remembering how much fun we had! You did a great job - so would I be too lazy if I just link to your site for the weekend pics??!!
Post a Comment