Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthdays and Sickness

I know you guys are wondering where the birthday pictures are, but it has been so crazy hectic around this house the past week and Logan still thinks it is his birthday! I will try to get to the pictures tomorrow sometime because there are some cute ones! Just for a quick update on the Pezent happenings:

Thursday morning: went to the airport to pick up Grandma with Logan (he loved seeing the BIG airplanes, who he calls Jeremy the JetPlane off of, no other than Thomas the Train). Had kind of a normal day around.
Friday: dropped Brooke off at school, headed to the Dr. for Logan's 3 year checkup. Oh, what fun that should be!!! Well, at least we did see that he is a whopping 31.4 lbs. (50th percentile) and 37.5" tall (75th percentile) now. Nothing like having children that absolutely without a doubt scream bloody murder when a needle comes near them (Brooke is still the same way today!) He's doing good, then the finger prick. He hates a bandaid and will not keep it on so I am having to continue wiping it due to the 3 pints of blood he seems to loose from a simple finger prick! Who would have ever thought a finger could bleed so bad?? Actually, this year was much better than last in regards to the bleeding.
Now, time for Dr. Miller to come in...no way, don't get near me, don't talk to me, and don't stick that thing in my ear/throat/nose or wherever you plan on sticking it! All she could say was, "I'm glad I know the real Logan, because I have never seen this person in the room today!" She completely understood and we finally got him calm down, but he still refused to let her put the light in his right eye. That kid closed his eyes so tight that nothing would open it. Ok, we leave there and head to lunch at...On The Border! I love that place and Logan does too, even though he will tell you he doesn't and that he wants a grilled cheese! Go figure! I told him they have grilled cheese, but it is on a tortilla shell instead of bread! He loves the salsa and the cheese dip like me! We left there and headed to his favorite of all places...Toys R Us! We let him go pick out what he wants for his birthday and let him play on the Thomas table since we don't have that item. We also get to figure out what he may want for Christmas too. All he could say was, "This is the BEST day ever!" how cute from a 2 year 363 day old kid! He truely loved it. We do the same thing for Brooke on her birthday and they enjoy getting the Toys R Us balloon/hat and having their name announced over the intercom that it is their birthday.
We had a few more errands to run then time to get Brooke from school. Grandma stayed home with the little people and had movie and popcorn/cheetos night, while I enjoyed a nice night out at the football game. Thanks Grandma for watching them!
Saturday: Ran around town that morning a little, then when daddy got done with his film watching (football), we all headed out to the Pumpkin Patch in Wadkinsville! OK, it was very hot and I had bought the kids these cute long sleeve orange pumpkin shirts to wear (with shorts of course) and all they could do was wine when we first got there. I was ready to load up and go home. I wasn't enjoying this as much! It did finally get a little better about the time we were on the hay ride and then picked out our pumpkins. Then we just decided to go on home. It had been a long weekend so far!
Sunday: we went to church and then out to eat at Red Robin's (another family favorite) for lunch. I had started feeling bad and could not eat anything there hardly due to a sore throat. I thought it was allergies getting me. We came home and I crashed until 9pm that night and then got up went to bed and slept until morning. I had run a 101.3 fever that afternoon, with chills then started to sweat it out all night. Made a doctor's appt. Monday afternoon and found out I had strep throat??? I had never had that before and felt for any sole that went through that, but I also had that bad cold on top of it making it feel so much worse. Still was running fever, but came home and started my antibiotic and tylenol, by bedtime I was feeling much better already.
Tuesday: Kids off to school, Logan's teacher calls wondering if I had noticed his lymph node on his neck??? Forgot to tell her how that stuck out and not to worry, but I had noticed over the weekend that it was bigger and he said it hurt when he touched it. Still did not think much of it and finally called the Dr.'s office again to bring him in and check it out. I was thinking infection around the lymph node since he showed no signs of sickness anywhere!
Wednesday: Off to see Dr. Miller..."No, I don't want a bandaid", "you won't need a bandaid this time honey, no needles of any kind, you will be fine". Finally convinced him it was ok. He did ok, but still would not let her look in his throat without gagging him! She thought the same thing I did and then I told her I had strep but was on medicine for a few days. "Let's test for that just to be safe", open the door "yep, it's positive for strep"! Yippee, more medicine for our house and two more family members to watch out for! Does it ever end??

Bad thing, Michael has no insurance right now. Good thing is he is the healthiest in our house all the time, never gets sick more than just a little head cold. He is popping the vitamin C left and right for now! I am exhausted just thinking of all that went on this weekend. Not to mention running Grandma back to the airport on Tuesday afternoon, which we hated to see her leave! Again, both kids (I checked Brooke out of school) loved seeing all the BIG airplanes up close and personal!

More to follow tomorrow hopefully!

No comments: