Monday, October 20, 2008

Money Saving Tips and Weekend Fun!

Ok, first regarding my great money saving tip:
If you are tired of spending $14-$16 for your childs haircuts, then do them yourself! LOL!!!
I took Logan downstairs in the basement on Saturday night to trim his up, which I do all the time by hand in between his professional haircuts. This time though, I was loaded with Michael's electric trimmer and a #2 guide. I was just going to use that guide for the bottom all the way around and then try to blend it into the top, but leaving it a little longer on top! Well...he now looks like Daddy and he LOVES it!!! Ok, so the blending did not actually work out like I had hoped and having a squirming 3 year old on a stool while he can see his sister playing with his train track do not mix.
I asked Brooke to go get her daddy since he cuts his own hair every week and he came downstairs and just told me to "cut it all, it'll grow back!" He used my own philosophy on me. I did not know if I should cry, laugh or just hug the little guy! I think I took care of all three emotions at once. Then I quickly realized, hey this is not so bad, we can save about $16 every 6 weeks or so. I am already saving that on Brooke since we now are letting her hair grow out. Now, I may be able to start going back and getting my hair cut on occasions. Those who know me, know I hate to spend money on hair cuts!
That is your free tip from me for the week!
The funniest is that night after I bathed Logan, he came back downstairs and we laid down on the beanbags. Logan asked me to rub his head, so I did and within a few minutes I looked down and he was fast asleep! He likes how soft it feels!
Ready to carve the pumpkin!
(Looks like Logan now needs a little sun on that head of his)
Brooke was into pulling out the pulp, but not Logan. He was not touching it and she loved it!

After carving the pumpkin, we decided to head out to the football field to run around while Daddy was in his meeting Sunday. We had a ball playing soccer.
Brooke took off on her scooter!
It was nice and cool this weekend!
Forgot to mention: we did win again Friday night, so we are still undefeated for the season and are looking at a Region Championship! We have to win one more of the next 2 games to get that title. Luckily, our hard games are over until playoff's, so the next two games we should win and pray we win! Go RAMS!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he looks absolutely adorable with his hair (or lack thereof).

Also, have you ever read the pumpkin parable to your kids? It's a great little parallel about the pumpkin getting a new face and how God gives us a new face after he cleans all the junk out, etc. when we are willing to be carved. If you don't have it, they're selling it at Anna's Christian book store now. It's so sweet:)

Tiffany Pezent said...

Hey Amy, we got that book for Brooke a couple of years ago actually and we love it. She is really understanding the parable more this year. She has a book project due next week and it was to pick a character in one of your favorite books and make a (small) pumpkin into that character, so we chose to do that book and make the farmer out of the pumpkin. It has turned out so cute. I will post on that one later though. I think every family needs a copy of that book! It is sweet.

Michele said...

Great pics! His hair looks great! I know someone who can cut Brooke's for $10 if you ever need it. Close to us.