We woke up Saturday morning and Michael and I started thinking of what we could do that day since he did not have to watch film. I jumped on the internet and found Tallulah Falls, which he said that was what he was thinking too. So after he ran a couple arrands around town, he came home and we were dressed and ready to go. We got on the road about 10am-ish. It only took about a hour and a half to get there and the day was beautiful. No clouds in the sky, cool but not too cold!
We first stopped at just an old outpost place and looked out over the mountain. Then headed into the State Park. Michael went in and told the guy we had two small children and to see if there were any trails that we could take easily with them, since the map was stating most being strenuous trails. He directed us and we took off. You will see the big WARNING sign we captured to go to the suspension bridge. It was too funny. It was 310 steps down and 310 steps back up, so here we go. I knew Logan could not do it because it was straight down for the most part. I carried him all the way down and Michael carried him most of the way back. We switched off once to give a break.
The bridge was really pretty looking out over and the kids enjoyed the movement of it. When we reached the top, we left there and headed to another trail down the road a ways. It was a very wooded area with a lake and the trail was 1/2 mile one way to the Old Jail on the other side. This time we made Logan walk and every once in a while he wanted me to pick him up, but I wouldn't and he was a trooper about it. It was a very narrow trail all through the woods. Brooke loved being the leader and running as far ahead of us as she felt comfortable doing. She had her mind set on finding pretty and unusual leaves all day, so we all helped out.
We got to the other side and saw on the map we could walk just about 100 feet around the other way and be back at the van, but Brooke wanted to go back through the woods, so we did! Needless to say we had the best time together as a family, just out in God's country surrounded by His beauty and the kids behaved better than I could have ever hoped for! Great job kids, it made it that much more memorable! We had been the only one's on the trail the entire time, but when we got back to the other side at the top of the stairs a older lady with her grandson were walking to the lake with fishing poles. She asked Logan "did you walk all that way by yourself", his reply (which is priceless, if you can hear him saying it) "Yes mama...(pause) I sure did!" He was his usual funny self all day with his cute phrases he comes out with.
After we left there it was time to find food, we had just snacked on a few crackers all day. We were riding along and I saw this train cabous and told Michael we had to stop, so he put us out so I could run the kids over and get some pictures then we ate at some Grill right next to that. Food was so-so, and very pricey for what we got, but we still had a great day. We hope you enjoy the pictures! And today I can hardly walk! I had went downstairs to exercise yesterday afternoon to work some soreness out and it made it a little worse since I am sooooo far out of shape at this point! Well worth it all though!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

1 comment:
Isn't it great to find ways to exercise together?! Great pictures! You guys should go to Amacalola Falls!
Post a Comment