We had a nice weekend visit with Nana & Papa as they came up for Papa to help Michael put in our new hot water heater - woohoo!!! Ours was getting a little iffy and we don't want to have to buy one of those on the spur of the moment, so we planned! Who cares about a hot water heater, where are pictures of the kids...
Anyhow, we had a great time with them. They came up Friday late afternoon and we just hung around the house and let the kids get their Nana & Papa fix in. Logan has been saying for the past couple of weeks about going to Papa's house! They left on Sunday to go back to Alabama with them and we will go pick them up this coming weekend.
Saturday, Nana and I went shopping. We don't ever get to just go out shopping with just the two of us or even with Brooke ever, so this was a nice time out for us. Brooke did not want to go since she had went with me the day before to go pick up a few things. She is just like I was as a kid, hated shopping! We went to Belk's - great sale on towels which we all needed, then we headed off to Joann's fabric store. We are (or Michael is) going to paint Logan's room this week while they are gone. We are doing a white room with the navy and orange stripes in the middle of the room to mimic the Auburn (of course) football helmet. I will take pictures I am sure. Since he is a big boy now, it is time to paint over his sheep and baby blue color (thanks Grandma for the baby room). Nana and I went and picked out the curtain style I wanted and some material for her to make his curtains. I am doing the Roman Shade style, which looks pretty masculine and gives great shade from the hot sun in there.
I also picked out curtain styles for our house which we have never done anything with on window treatments. Shame on me, but there were more important things to spend our money on during those 3 years! We won't do anything real soon on those though, as I will have to find the right fabric that I want for that, but at least it is an idea now!
While we were out, Papa and Michael put in our new hot water heater and a new pump we put on it for instant hot water in our master bathroom. Well, everything went together perfect and they found a leak in the pump thingy! Off with that and Papa and I took that back to Costco to swap out. New one works like a champ and we have hot water within seconds in our bathroom now. Yeah! After all the hard work, we enjoyed a supper of Michael's great ribs! He has been working on his recipe for these and has really done a great job! Delicious Michael!
Brooke's favorite pass time...Mess up Papa's hair. His is so easy to mess with since it will stand in place with whatever you do to it and Brooke gets such a kick out of this!
Logan says "Let me try"! Poor Papa!
Time for horsey ride!
Reading to Nana. Friday afternoon, I took Brooke to the library to check out some new books for there trip.
Brooke and Logan playing in there "Abandoned Hotel" box while Nana and I were out. Whatever kept them out of Papa and Michael's way. They were so excited when we got home to show us what they had! Too cute.
Logan wanting to use Daddy's drill on the drywall in the basement.
Ok, he looks like a mad scientist in this picture! Too funny!
Papa's work is never done... Logan helping him look under the refrigerator to see what is wrong with the icemaker.
Off to early church Sunday before heading back to Alabama. A little sleepy!
Our souls are fed and our tummy's are fed and we are ready to go to Papa and Nana's fishing camp! Logan could not leave fast enough this time, Brooke was a little sad only because she wanted Mama and Daddy to come too. She is our little sensitive girl. She had a bad morning too, due to not enough sleep over the weekend, so she was tired. She was fine as soon as they got out of the driveway!
Don't cry Brooke, we will see you on Friday! We love you guys. Be good, listen to Nana & Papa, remember your manners, eat what Nana cooks, don't fight, go potty like a big boy, etc....Parent's instructions never end! They were so sweet waving bye to us! Michael and I went inside and I laid down to read some of my book and ended up going to sleep, he got out old movies and started watching them. It was so dark (we unplugged all of the kids nightlights) and quiet last night! Thanks Nana & Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment