Since mail takes so long to get down there, they have an email set up to write back and forth, but that still can take a couple of months, because everyone does it and they have to have someone translate the writing to us in English and back to them in Spanish. The world of communication today is just awesome! It was amazing at her choice of words too, she is so gifted with her writing! She is only 7 years old, which they may have a parent help them, but they ask that each one try to write as much as possible on there own. And they said that the first line will normally always read about the same because that is one of the first things they teach them in the Christian school to show their gratitude! Awesome, I just want to fly down there now and meet with her, so many questions I would love to know. I asked her to tell us as much about herself as possible in the next letter so we know what to get for her and her family (toys, clothes, any home needs they have, etc.) God has blessed our family so much with her in our life. See the letter below and then I will translate in case you cannot read the translation well on the copy.

I greet you lovinly along with your family hoping God Almighty pours out overflow blessings on you. I want to thank God for giving me the opportunity to be part of your family, thank you so much for letting me be part of your family, I also want to thank you because I received uniform, shoes and socks. I don't know how to pay you and I have no words to thank God for this great blessing. I love you very much and I will be praying for you to receive blessings everday from above, I will also be praying to God, that He blesses your family. I close now, your dear daughter:
Carla Yulisa Oliva
No comments:
Post a Comment