I just wanted to give a quick update from this week at VBS. First off, I am completely wiped out!!! We ended up with 17 Kindergarteners with me and one other teacher for our class and there were 5 classes of Kindergartener's. Our sanctuary was completely packed out during assembly with Pre-K through 5th graders. It is amazing at how many kids come out for this event and what a blessing. We are always so excited when it gets here and then so exhausted and ready to be over by the end.
I think Brooke enjoyed being in my class, we had only 5 boys and the rest girls, WEW! We had the drama queens the tattle tails, the rough playing boys, you name it we had it! They were a great group of kids though. They are all excited about tonight, we will go back up to the church for a big carnival with lots of inflatables. Some with water and some not, water slide, bunge run, jousting, and a 4 on 4 water tag team maze, free pizza and lots of fellowship!
I don't have any pictures to post right now, I only took a couple of Brooke and Logan in my room standing by some of our posters. I will post those later with some from tonight's carnival if I remember!
Potty training update: Logan did great this week potty training. The first of the week he would end up having to change clothes because of just some sprinkles in his underwear while they were trying to get them off of him and Wednesday we had an all out set back of a day. He soaked both pairs of clothes and luckily they gave them their shirts that day and his was huge so you could not tell he did not have shorts on and they had to put a pull up on him since he wet all underwear. I am not sure what happened that Tuesday afternoon before (he had 2 accidents at home) and that Wednesday at VBS, but when we got home Wednesday I talked to him and we agreed we would be a BIG BOY with no more accidents like those days.
We have not had any accidents since Wednesday at VBS. He has gone big potty several times finally and has not even sprinkled his underwear the rest of the week. It was nice to open that door to his room at VBS and see him still in the same clothes and underwear. I was even able to take him to Walmart grocery shopping and to get him a new train for going big potty without him even having to go to the potty. YEAHHHH!
This morning at 4:30am (I was laying awake for some odd reason), he called out my name and I went in there to get him and he said "gotta go tee tee", checked him and he was completely dry, we went to the potty and back to bed. Great that he woke himself up to go! He has only wet 2 mornings since we started potty training (the Saturday that we had started and Wednesday morning which was our rough day) and those were due to me just not getting in his room quick enough, he never wet in the night. It was always after he woke up and was calling me, I just failed to hear him quick enough. Anyhow, very big week and I was so worried about doing the potty training and then throwing him into that kind of schedule, but we all made it and was very successful. We are so proud of him and how far he has come. I just can't figure out how to stop all the cookies now, he is hooked on his rewards! Good thing they are just those small butter cookies with the hole in the middle, so not too bad for him and two normally pleases him enough. Sorry to ramble and thanks for keeping up with us. Hopefully we can slow down a little now and get back on our own routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment