We paint, of course! Or Michael paints while I work, hee hee!
Michael really did not seem to mind painting this room, since it was going to be Auburn colors and since I had to work, he did not have any football last week and the kids were gone, it just worked out perfect. It only took 4 coats of primer to cover the sheep on Logan's walls first and several coats of the blue and orange paint. What he thought might be a 2 day project took a full 3 days. Thank you honey for painting Logan's room for me, what a huge help! Now, Nana is going to make his curtains and I just need to paint his little table and a couple of pictures and we will be good to go. When Logan got home Sunday night, I asked what he thought and he said "I like my 'Aubun' stripes"!
The week actually flew by, so we did not do a lot, especially since I was so busy with work. We got to take our time walking through Home Depot, without a kid saying "I got to go tee tee"! They love going to the potty in Home Depot for some reason... We did not leave to go back down to Alabama to get them until Friday, hoping all the traffic left on Thursday and it gave us one more full day/night. I was able to clean the kids rooms again and put away some more old toys. That is always a plus when the kids are gone for even a day! Brooke comes back looking around to see if she can figure out what I have packed up. She did figure out one thing this time, but luckily it did not cause any kind of meltdown. She accepted it and moved on!
Friday, we headed down south to LA (lower Alabama) to see the kids finally! I was able to read my book all the way down without having to break up any fights, put any movies in the DVD player, get a kid out of their seat to go potty, clean up any spills, or just say "don't ask again when we will be at Nana & Papa's, we still have 4 hours to go"! Thanks Nana & Papa for keeping the kids, I know they had a ball because Logan teared up on the way home that he wanted to go to Papa and Nana's house!




No comments:
Post a Comment