Friday, July 11, 2008

Tribute to Grandma Yingling

I am sad to say that Grandma has passed away this morning. I first want to thank all who were praying for her during this time, I know she felt the prayers. The last 2 weeks her body was just shutting down, but she always told Mama she was not in any pain, which is a blessing. Most of all her kidney's had shut down, so we knew it was just a matter of time. I was only one week shy of getting to see her one last time, but God had other plans and I can accept that.
I am so thankful that I did get to go see her last year on vacation to Florida and she got to see the kids (Logan for the 1st time, and Brooke the 2nd time. We drove out to Arkansas to see her when I was still pregnant with Logan, so Brooke got to spend some time with her then.).
Just some facts about Grandma:
Born: January 21, 1935 - died at 73 years old
She had 9 brothers and 2 sisters. She was raised in Pennsylvania.
Loved her kids (all 5) and her grandkids (all 14 of them) no matter what they got into. She loved spending time with family, watching movies, crocheting, collecting dolls, reading, playing board games (we have had some very interesting times playing games together), when we were young she always spent time with us (she let my brother and I come stay during he summer some), she worked hard all her life, and anything that was hers was yours! She was a wonderful lady. She was one fiesty little lady too, you knew not to cross her when playing a board game because she would let you have it. She raised her 5 kids in a small 2 bedroom home by herself and at one point or another she always opened her door back up for her kids to come home when needed. When she was mad, you knew it, but we always would make her laugh to get over it. She could not stay mad for long! I see a lot of my Mom and myself in her in some ways. These are just some of the reasons we loved her so much. She was always my Grandma who was a lot of fun and she tried to do so much for everyone all the time. Thank you for the time we had together and God Bless, we will miss you dearly. I thought about her often, even though I have not gotten to see her as much once I got older, she will always be in my heart!
Picture taken last year while visiting her in the nursing home on vacation - she looked and was doing great during that time!

No comments: