Well, I can say that he completely surprised me and LOVED it! There practices are only 45 minutes long and only once a week, 8 games mostly on Saturdays with just a couple on Tuesdays in which we will not have practice that week either! I know that schedule will change as he gets older and does get into the park league...but I am going to enjoy this year just like it is for now! He immediately met the coaches son, Michael and now he told me that he hoped Michael would be on his team. I had to explain that all the boys and girls he played with yesterday would be on his team.
First thing he asked his coach was if he could pitch! I got the biggest kick out of that because he has never pitched outside of playing baseball on the Wii before in his life, but just love that innocence about him. He also informed one lady that he could hit it out of the park...again thanks to the Wii he has that much confidence! We told him many times how proud we were of him yesterday. This morning he told me he really loved the running.
His group practiced hitting first, then they went to where their was a bucket and threw into the bucket. They all were rolling it or throwing it underhanded...too cute!!! Then they got them all on home plate and one at a time started releasing them to run around all the bases several times. That was the cutest and funniest thing I have witnessed! If they saw one coming up behind them, they would start circling way before the base and just keep on running, then our child completely did not see a 3rd base with a big man standing there hollering for him to come to 3rd! I got such a kick out of all of them. I think this was the perfect decision for us to let him play there.
I am so proud of both of my kids! Brooke wanted to help her brother out and we had to let her know that she needed to stay back and let him have his moment. Then she was bored and loved to tell me that. Lots of talks about how her brother has to come and support her cheerleading, so she needed to support her brother. She got it and got over it quickly, then told him how good he did! I thank GOD for my precious children and their hearts!
One funny thing when we were getting ready to leave practice I was telling him how good he did and how proud I was of him. He said, "I thought this was going to be a REAL game. I wanted to pitch! I want to play real baseball!" Oh my, he is already putting himself in the BIG Leagues! There will be many more pictures to come over the next 2 months so get ready! By the way, I was not the only mom with her camera, one of them even brought the video camera for dad to film and she snapped the still shots. Happy Wednesday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment