
This has been the most blessed week for us already and it is only Wednesday! I have been really struggling over the past 3 months with my job, the uncertainty and not knowing if I would still be employed today. There are so many struggling with the same things today and we think the economy is getting better, then here of more layoffs. As I find out that I have gotten the job that I interviewed for, some others will find out today they no longer have a job. I have rejoiced in my news and are saddened for the others. Especially those that I know need the benefits that come with the job. I am saddened for those that may not know the Lord and cannot get the peace that He promises us.
I know it is easy to praise God when it all works out, but how will we act when it all falls apart? I pray that I will always have that strength to praise Him in the good and "bad" (or what we may think is bad, but then God reveals something even greater to us). My friend and I have laughed this week when I got the news of my job, because don't you know that God is up in Heaven looking at us as we do our own children saying "girls, why are you worrying about something you have no control over? Stop worrying and just let me handle it!" God has been right there beside both of our families this year making a new path for us all.
One thing I am so thankful for is that Brooke has been able to witness first hand where God has answered several prayers for us lately. I believe this has helped her in her walk to Christ, it has shown her that He is there and He will deliver. It may not always be quick as some of these have been, but He will never leave us!
I have clung so tightly to Philippians 4:6-7 over the past 6 months and want to NEVER forget this promise God has given.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Believe me, I have had my share of "basket case moments" over the past month especially, but this past weekend, I had to turn it completely over to Him for peace and I finally got that peace! I don't have a clue how many years I aged myself from all the worrying, but I am only human and had to get it right with God!
Brooke has had a couple of incidents with friends this year and we have prayed over them and He has given her the strength to stand up and speak for herself. That has been HUGE in her life.
I just thank all of our family and friends that have said an extra prayer for us this year! Now, we just have to deal with the change that will happen with my job, but I can still rejoice in having one! I pray that our family and friends rejoice in Brooke's decision last night and know that another child has been saved! We will have a new reBirthday to celebrate every year! Hallelujah!
1 comment:
That's wonderful news!!! :)
Post a Comment