Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wandering aimlessly through the house

It's just before midnight and I hear, "Mama". Startled awake, I jump out of bed and look around...but no Logan in sight. I run to the door and don't see him. Now, thinking I am really loosing it and have not had enough sleep, I turn to head back to the bed and this little figure comes running down the hall out of the office going in all directions.

I realize he is not awake fully and must need to go potty. So, I grab him and tell him to go to the potty, guiding him in the right direction. He pulls away and starts in his own direction, so I have to grab him again. Get to the bathroom and realize with all his running through the upstairs of the house trying to find someone he has wet just a little.

I go to the bedroom, get some more underwear for him and head back to the bathroom where I left him to finish his business. When I told him to turn around and step into his underwear, he immediately started lifting his leg to step into the toilet! I pushed his leg down and kept telling him to turn to me, but he insisted on putting his leg into the toilet! I finally got him to stop doing that and successfully headed back to bed!!!

About an hour and a half later, I hear just some weird "I don't know where I am or what I am doing" noises and jumped up again to find Logan standing next to me. I told him to run to the potty and he was running funny like he had wet pants. When we got into the light of the bathroom I realized he had his underwear down around his ankles. He never went to the bathroom again and I got him back to bed one more time with the stern..."Don't get out of bed again!" speech and went quickly into my room to make sure he did not just tee tee all over my floor thinking it was the bathroom! Whew...we were safe, no accidents on the floor.

Both of our kids do sleep walk and it can be funny at times and can be scary just to see how out of it they are! That was Logan's weirdest night so far with it though. He has been so tired lately with our new schedule, I have got to get him back to a better schedule...don't know how, but some how it has to! We were late getting home on Tuesday night due to cheerleading practice and pep rally, then last night after I fed them supper I told Logan he looked sleepy, but I got the immediate response of "I'm not sleepy"!

I ran upstairs to finish getting ready for church and within 5 minutes was back downstairs to find him sacked out on the floor. I could not even wake him up he was so deep into his sleep. I picked him up and put him in the van without waking him. Got him out at church, took Brooke to choir and me and him headed to the snack room to wait for our class the next hour and he never woke up. We sat down and he woke for just a minute to tell me he was cold, because the air was blowing pretty good in there and he changed positions, fell back to sleep until time to go to class.

I knew dropping him off after sleeping for a little over an hour would not be good, and he proved me to be right (for the first time...heehee!). His teacher had to hold him for a minute for him to stop crying and get out of his funk. I think all this led to his restless sleepy night too. The great thing is we have nothing to do tonight, cheerleading got canceled due to curriculum night at the high school, so we can actually eat a decent meal at home and get to bed BEFORE bedtime! Praise GOD...we all need a little extra sleep!

1 comment:

jodi said...

Yep I love those middle of the night wanderings. Always leave everybody involved so confused! :)