Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brooke's first day of 2nd Grade

I can't believe another year of school. 2nd grade is starting to sound so old! Someone asked Brooke the other day if she was going into 2nd grade and I immediately said "No, she is in 1st...no that's not right, she is going to 2nd!" as my mouth dropped open. Her first day was yesterday and she had a great day.
Of course Mama has 1000 questions to ask after picking her up and she just doesn't care to give a lot of detail, so not like me (as you can tell in reading my ramblings). She said they did not do much work the first day, but did come home with a new homework folder! Man that homework just scares me already. I am out of school and had no idea I had to go back and relearn it all again!
It was an interesting afternoon after picking Brooke up though. I have always had a fear that my battery would be dead sitting in carpool when no one could go around me, since they want us to turn our vehicles off due to pollution while we wait. I turned it off for a while and it started right back up, no problems. We went to the UPS store real quick and I just pull up to the firelane...I know that is against the law and I will not do it again! I was going to just run in, put my prepaid packages on the counter and run back out. I was leaving the kids in the van since I was on the curb, but I turned the van off and locked the doors so no crazy person would jump in and drive off with them. Well, all was fine until I got back in and tried to start the van...completely DEAD!
No big deal, go back in and see if someone can jump the van off. The owner says "sure, I will pull around". He is hooking it all up and here comes Mr. Blue! Luckily he was understanding and went on his way...phew, I did not need a ticket for being in the firelane. Well, this guys truck is not starting my van at all. Called the Goodyear place just down the way and they won't come help because of liability not being in their own parking lot, whatever! Long story short, the UPS manager/owner and one of his employees, about 5 mexicans from the mexican restaurant nextdoor and one very nice UPS customer decided to push the van to the Goodyear parking lot while I steered it. We were about to start and the Goodyear man started walking our way with a battery jumper. He said he looked out and saw a big group of guys getting ready to push and he just could not stand there and watch, so he finally came to help. His battery charger started it right up and I drove straight into the lot and got a new battery!
That was not my plans for the day, but it was God's plan. And I did find out that there are still plenty of good samaritan's in the world today willing to help someone with 2 children (one being shoeless!). Now, me and the kids have got to get busy baking some cookies or brownies and make a delivery to those nice samaritans.
Today will be better without a doubt, because we started carpooling today with our friends so I don't have to go anywhere, therefore that will keep me out of trouble! No seriously, it was not that bad, just a little inconvenient and very hot outside, but it could have been something so much worse. I just thank God for all my many blessings and lessons!
Now, here are the 1st day of school pictures!


She is even standing like a 2nd grader now...with attitude! LOL!
Her brother is so ready to go back to school too. He won't start until the 25th of August. He does get to meet his teacher tomorrow as she will be coming over to the house for his house visit!
I had to throw these two pictures in of Logan because I thought they were too cute! He loves to draw, scribble, color, etc. He came into my office today with this picture and wearing his homemade Clifford the Big Red Dog hat/ears. He said this picture is of Fred Flinstone's new house. The shape on the right that he has highlighted is Fred's new window. My kids love to watch Boomerang tv now that has all the old cartoons on it. That is all they want to watch anymore! I love it!
This was cute, he came in last week to show me this drawing. He said it was him and Nana riding in the fishing boat. He said it was really hot too with the sun shining! I love his imagination!

2 comments:

jodi said...

That's a great picture Logan drew! Wow! And Brooke is as cute as ever.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeties, I can't believe school has started again. We really miss you all and loved having Brooke and Logan down. Papa John was really sorry we did not get to do all the things we wanted to because of his back. He is better though and we can't wait to get up there for Logan's birthday :-) Look out Toys R Us... Logan and Brooke both are very artistic. Love you all Grandma & Papa John.