You can definitely tell school has started and the schedule has stepped up a notch! I could not wait for the weekend to arrive after such a busy and stressful week of work. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining as I still have a job and am VERY thankful for that unlike so many others out there really struggling.
Friday after work, we got out in the yard to do some much needed yard work. On Saturday we had to get up and run up to Buford for Brooke's first game (Jamboree - shortened game to start the season off). They did a GREAT job cheering on those boys. Before you ask...yes I am a horrible mom and completely did not even think about the camera until we got out! So no pictures of her first game. I was cracking up though, towards the end of the game she was facing the field watching the boys while the rest of her squad was turned around facing the crowd still doing a cheer! She knows we like to watch the game!!! LOL! She had a ball though and I am so glad she enjoyed herself. She has one of her best friends on the squad and there are several of the boys in her school that she is friends with on the team she cheers for, so it is great. We will have a fun season.
While she was cheering, the little man ~ Logan was playing on the bleachers and not feeling the best because of allergies. He got up in my lap and started counting. He said he could count to 95. I told him to go for it, expecting him to stop at 29 like always. He, like most kids struggled with the tens. He started and got to 39, then asked what came next. I asked him "what comes after 3", after thinking for a second he said "40". Then he just kept on going and everytime he got to the ten he would stop to think about it and shout out "50, then 60, and so on". He went all the way to 100 without any help from me after that. I was so proud of him and he was too!
He said a while back after he had done something, "I'm a genious!". I have tried to calm him down a little with that one so he doesn't sound so obnoxious, but it is pretty funny to here him say it for now! Heehee!
Saturday afternoon we got together with our small group and had a cookout/pool party. We enjoyed the fellowship together. Sunday we started getting on our schedule of going to early church since the football coaches started their Sunday staff meetings. After church, Michael went to his meeting and me and the kids got to go to the Wives Tea that the Mom's Club put together every year. This is the mom's to the football players at the high school, put this on for the coaches wives. It is nice to get to know the moms and put their faces with their sons faces so we know who is who.
Well, we are now back to another week and ready to tackle it! We have open house for Logan this week. Banner painting party instead of cheerleading practice, church/choir, and of course the game at the GA Dome Saturday afternoon! Hooray, can't wait!
1 comment:
By the way, Mr. Logan "is" a genius :-) and I hope he never forgets it!
Love you all
Mama, Grandma
Post a Comment