Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday Getaway...

We had the best weekend! I had all intentions of cleaning house on Saturday until...about 11:30 Friday night. I was talking to Michael and said we should go to Stone Mountain Saturday and not tell the kids until we get there. Luckily back at the end of school, one of the teachers gave Michael 2 complimentary one day passes, so this was a perfect opportunity to use them.
Saturday morning we just told the kids to dress comfortable and wear tennis shoes and that we were having a picnic, but that was it. I know hard to believe, me not telling the kids!
We got there and they were so excited. When we were buying their tickets it ended up being a great deal that we could go ahead and get a year membership at a great price using those tickets, so we did!
We started off the day in the Sky Hike area. Michael went with Brooke and I went with Logan. He was not tall enough to do the actual hike on the course, and not that he would do it so we went to the back where they had a small obstacle course for the little ones. It took him a little while to warm up to the idea, but then ended up going on the entire course about 6 or 8 times. He had a blast! Once we saw Brooke finishing up on level 1, she wanted to come play with us while Daddy went on to level 2.
After playing a little longer, I started hearing "I'm thirsty, I'm hot" so we went to the bathroom and came back to get some water and sat at the little creek area to let them take their shoes off and play in the water. We saw Daddy way up in the sky above where we were playing too! The kids had the best time in the water.
After all that we headed to the train depot to catch the train ride. We always love doing that. Then we went back and got the van to drive over to the picnic area and laid out the spread for some lunch. We left there and headed over to the "grease mill" as Brooke called it, aka: grist mill. We did not stay there long due to the crowd and headed back to play "pet pet" as Logan called it, aka: putt putt! These kids just cracked us up all day!
By the time we finished up with putt putt, it was about 5:30pm so we decided to call it a day (since we had a long walk back up the lawn) and go get some supper. If finally started getting hot around 3ish. The humidity was down so it really was not hot for most of the day. We ended up going to Texas Roadhouse, one of Brooke's favorite places to eat. Then home, showers and bedtime. I think we all slept like babies all night! What a great way to spend a Saturday!
Now we are looking at new tents so we can start doing some camping. We have been talking about this for years and just haven't done it yet with the kids. Michael and I did some before kids, but that tent was just smelly and I could not get the odor out, even though it was a top of the line tent in it's day...it still smelled really bad!

Oh yeah: a funny story of Logan from this past week while I am posting!
We had gone downstairs to exercise and the kids came down to play outside. Logan went back up to go to the potty and when he came back, he just looked guilty of something and said "I'm old enough". OK, don't know what that means.
I asked him if he got something to eat, like some candy while he was upstairs.
L: "no mommy, I did not"
M: "are you sure?"
L: "yes mam, I did not"
Well, a little later I had to run upstairs to get something and noticed the bag of caramel calcium chews was moved. I knew he had gotten one then, because I have been telling him he wasn't old enough yet for one and he has been begging for one daily! I went back downstairs and told him to come here.
M: "Logan, you told mommy a story. You ate a calcium chew didn't you?"
L: "But I'm older now Mommy!"
I just wanted to bust a gut laughing, but had to keep my composure to get on to him for telling me a story! It is taking me some time to get used to having a boy! He is in to everything without asking and Brooke never did that much! Many more years to go...
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Stone Mountain-May '09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: