Another year of school has ended and it was Logan's first year of school. )-: I can say that he has grown so much this year acedemically. Now, we just need to work on those talking issues before he gets in BIG school. He has a lot to say these days of being "3" and I don't know that I want to stop that! I believe the boy could carry on a conversation with the trees outside, he LOVES to talk!
Overall though, he did accomplish all of his goals for the year and is ready to move on to the 3 year old class.
We had a great day at his school last Thursday to end the year. The weather was not so pleasant for a water day, so they decided just to make it a "Fun in the Sun" day, which ended up being a "Fun in the Clouds and Wind" day. It was pretty chilly, but the kids did not mind a bit. They played in the sand boxes, bubbles, chalk, and balls for a while until the pizza arrived. We then headed in for pizza and fruit, then an ice cream treat! We left soon after that so we could get home and finish packing the van for vacation.
We were able to go out and run limb lines in between rain storms and only got caught in one lightening storm, but we hurried back as fast as we could. Nothing compared to the time we were several miles up the river and got caught in a huge lightening storm with hail. That was not a fun ride back to camp with the hail pelting your face. I still have bad memories of that day! LOL!
We got to go down to Gulf Shores on Friday for a little while. The kids had fun, but the wind was awlful and was blowing sand everywhere. There was a red flag out so the water was terrible too. When Nana got off the towels we had laid out, there was a huge sand dune behind her that had built up. Michael tried to get Logan's kite up, but the wind was too strong for a kite...go figure! The sand was hitting Logan right in his eyes since he was the short one, so he did not enjoy it until I got him down to the water where the sand wasn't blowing. They still had fun though and was well worth it. After that we went to eat at our favorite restaurant of all times, The Original Oyster House. We filled our tummies up for sure!
On Sunday night, we got word that Michael's step grandmother passed away, so on Monday we went to see some family. All I will say is that it was very sudden and a shock that she went downhill that fast with no issues with her vital organs at all! We know she is in a better place than where she was and is now with Granddaddy again. We had to leave on Tuesday, so we were not able to make it to the viewing or funeral.
So overall, we had a great trip and a wonderful visit with Nana and Papa! Can't wait to do it again!
It is getting closer to Brooke's swimming lessons and I can't wait for her to do that. I pray God controls her fears during that week and she is able to learn at least the most important parts of swimming. She will do great, I'm sure! I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment