I don't know how families with 3, 4, 5 or even 8 children do it! I can barely keep up with 2 that are not even involved in much at all yet. This has been a great week, but very busy to say the least, or for us anyhow.
This was our VBS week at church and this year they changed it from 5 days to just 3. At first I was not completely thrilled with that idea, because when teaching some of the younger classes and for the preschoolers it takes 3 days for them to warm up to you, not to mention you don't even learn their names by heart until the 3rd day too! Just kidding! Well, by Wednesday morning I was very happy with a 3 day VBS because I was worn out already. It may have just been in my head that it was the last day, so you are suppose to be tired!
I had the opportunity to teach Pre-K this year (normally I do Kindergarten), but I got to teach with one of my favorite people. She was a Kindergarten teacher at one time and she is really good at keeping organization, so I was ready and on board this year. We started the week a little rocky with her daughter getting sick the first morning, so she called me to let me know that she would bring over all our materials and had it laid out for me like any teacher would do! She is awesome and I could not have been more thrilled (due to the fact I had not even had a chance to read over anything). Well, thank goodness her daughter got better and they were able to make it the rest of the week. Logan missed having Casey on Monday and stayed attached to her the rest of the week I believe.
Brooke had invited one of her friends from school, so we picked her up everyday and she even got to come home with us on Monday and play all afternoon with her. They played so well together. Logan had let Brooke play with something of his on the weekend before and she told him that if he let her, then she would let him play with her and Kimball on Monday. That worked out well, so he did not feel left out and got to play with the girls. It's always hard when she has a friend over and they don't want him around! Poor fellow just doesn't understand that yet.
We had a great class (1 of 5 Pre-K classes) and our numbers stayed around 10 average, so perfect in size to me. On Monday they said their were 600+ kids and workers from Preschool to 5th grade, so I think that was a great turnout. I think all the kids enjoyed themselves and seemed to enjoy all the activities that go on. I know my kids did, even Logan who I can never tell how he will do. Thanks Melissa for teaching with me!
On the last day, they do an invitation for the kids during assembly and I was so proud that Brooke was ready to go forward. Due to the number of kids that went forward, they had to come around to their rooms and gather a group of about 3 or 4 at a time and talk to them to see if they were ready to accept Jesus as their Savior. Well, when they came to get Brooke she got nervous and said she was not ready, but of course later that night said she was. She is pretty shy around men especially and that is so out of her comfort zone, but I was and am so proud of her anyhow. The Spirit is definitely stirring in her heart and we have been talking for a while about salvation, so I just ask that each of you say a prayer for her today, that God will calm her fears and will continue to knock at her door, which we already know He will do that. Her biggest fear has always been baptism itself and we are trying to overcome that part. I am just so proud of where she is with her faith at this age compared to where I was. Thank you all for your prayers!
Then on Wednesday nights they are going to continue the VBS theme and have a family fun night after church. This Wed. night was ice cream night and my kids loved it! After they finished all the kids were having a ball running around and Logan spotted a big group playing Duck Duck Goose and that is his game! He went running over to play and had the best time with it. Towards the end he was getting picked a lot, I think they thought it was funny at how he runs! I have always said he ran like Dash on The Incredibles (short run, chest back, arms down a little), it is pretty funny! We finally got them home around 9:30pm and to bed!
During this Brooke is also having swim lessons (M, T, W got rained out, and F). She will probably need another year or so of lessons, but she is doing better. The girl does not like and will not go under water with her whole head! One day she will be a little fish in the water, but until then, we will keep trying. Since Wed. got rained out we have it on Saturday morning, so no sleeping in again! Well, until next week...I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the HOT weather! Next week should be pretty calm around the house. Brooke may have a play date one day, dentist appt for me and the kids one day and a birthday party for one of Brooke's friends on next Saturday before we pack up and take them to Montgomery to meet Nana and Papa on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment