Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kid's World inside the Webkinz World

I am so cracking up right now trying to work beside where my kids are playing on Webkinz World together. I love to hear them play together anyhow-when they are getting along, but this is too funny. I wish I could get out the video camera without them knowing!

They are on Logan's sign on to play with his dog named Smokey that he carrys everywhere and sleeps with every night. Brooke is actually doing the mouse work on the computer while Logan tells her what to do with Smokey. First before anything else can happen, Smokey has to have his morning doughnut! He is so much my son's dog. Logan could live off of doughnuts! After having a doughnut, Logan said he did not think he felt well, so Brooke suggested taking him to the clinic. Well, the doctor says he needs a bed to sleep in, so off to the store they go with only $40 in his account (due to buying so many doughnuts apparently). "Well, sorry Smokey, we can't buy you a bed right now because we don't have enough money." says Brooke. "Then lets go get him another doughnut" says Logan. This kid cracks me up!!!

"Let's go see if we can buy him some more clothes" says Brooke (such a girl thing). Oh yeah, while they were looking at the beds and prices Brooke said "we just can't afford these beds and he doesn't need one right now"(Brooke), "but the doctor says he needs a bed"(Logan). So they continue looking at them and run across a princess bed..."No, No, No Smokey does not want a princess bed!" (Logan).

Now they are off to playing games on Webkinz World instead of caring for their pets. I just love to hear them play pretend. Last night while Michael was gone to football, I was finishing up taking the wallpaper down in the dining room while Logan was picking up all the paper I tore off. He was down on the floor just talking away to some imaginary person or animal. It was too funny!

An update on the swimming thing: Well, Friday night (I did not go, Daddy took her) she got upset because her teacher was trying to get her to put her whole head under water while on her stomach, and she would not do it so Mrs. Tracey pushed her under water. I will just say that freaked her out! So when she came home we talked about how she is not there to hurt her and will not let anything happen to her. We made an agreement (or bribe on my end) that if she did what Mrs. Tracey said to do on Saturday without crying then after we got done we would stop by our pool on the way home and swim that morning for a while. Well, I got lots of "Yea's" for that one.

Saturday morning: doom day...well she started crying before Mrs. Tracey even called on her to get in. She did terrible that day, would not do anything Mrs. Tracey said to do, so we were pretty aggravated with her and said we would not be taking her to the pool at home. When we got home I told Michael that I was not going to punish Logan because Brooke did not do what she was suppose to, so I would go ahead and take him down to the pool for a while. Well, here comes all the drama and the "It's not fair" speech! I won't go into that detail, but I did take Logan to the pool for some mommy and Logan time while Brooke pouted in her room.

On Monday mid day Daddy took the kids to the pool while I worked and when they came home, I heard people running upstairs shouting out all at once. Once I finally got them to slow down and one speak at a time, this is what I heard: "Mommy, I went all the way underwater by myself... a bunch of times...I just held my nose (because Daddy let me, btw, Mrs. Tracey would not let them hold their noses to teach them to breath out), and then I put my goggles on so I could see underwater too!!!!) Then Logan chimed in "I went underwater too and blew bubbles". Basically, Logan is putting his face under water like Brooke was doing and just blows bubbles, but I will take that for his age right now. Later that afternoon when we finished our workout, we decided to take the kids back to the pool and they were just beside themselves and could not wait to show Mommy what they could do! It was great to see her do that without fear!!! Hooray!

2 comments:

jodi said...

So cute! I love when my kids play nicely together too. Just makes it seem like all is right in the world! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, You will have to give us the website so the kids can play on the computer in the evening at the house. We will work with the kids on swimming while they are here also. John has even spoken about getting a hotel room so we can use the pool at one of the hotels here :-)
Can't wait to see you all. Love Mama