Monday, February 23, 2009

Wormy...Squirmy - Hey they rhyme!

That is how lunch started out today...

Wormy and squirmy...hey Mommy they rhyme! He has been doing this for a while and it is so funny to hear the words he makes up for rhymes. Sometimes they don't even rhyme, but he makes up some pretty good words. We just have to come up with definitions to them and contact Mr. Webster to see if we could add them to his collection!

We had a great weekend! Michael and I got to have a date night (well sort of) on Friday night. The kids got one of their favorite babysitters (they love them both and whichever one comes is their favorite for the night) to come and play DOGS with them. Yes, Dogs. If you have kids anywhere in the under 10 stage, I am sure you know what I am talking about. Why is it that all kids want to imitate their favorite animal and inside at that. Don't animals live outdoors??? I keep telling them they will have to move outside if they continue acting like animals.

Anyhow, while the kids played with Hannah, Michael and I went to First Baptist Snellville to celebrate our pastor's 20 year anniversary with our church. It was an awesome tribute to him and his family. Just to hear so many people that he has touched and impacted tell the stories. He is an incredible man of God! We have always said he is so transparent and so real, and then to hear everyone else say the same thing. We love our pastor! We had great visits with friends and then came home to our sitter reading to Logan in bed. He was almost asleep, but when he saw me, he started crying because he did not want Hannah to leave. When I say they LOVE their babysitters, I mean they L O V E their babysitters. I don't know if he crys that much when I leave. LOL!

Luckily the house got cleaned on Friday so I did not have to do that all weekend and could just relax a little. Saturday, Brooke and I worked on her book report that is due this week. We enjoyed our time together talking about Robin Hood and how he was a good fox! She did a great job with her writing and illustrations. She wanted to stay up and watch the Incredibles that night, so after supper I sent her to get a shower while I cleaned up the kitchen then we would watch it. Well, Michael and I were playing on the floor with Logan and his daddy accidentally tripped him and he went crashing down on his wee little nose! It bled for a short time and never bad, but all day Sunday we would clean it up and then see where it had bled some more. I think it has finally stopped now.

Sunday, after church I had to take Brooke to a birthday party at the indoor Putt Putt place. She had a blast doing that. We will definitely be back for more fun with that. There was no order to which hole came next, they just ran around to whichever one was empty. I am sure those that were not there for the party really loved our kids. They were probably asking for their money back when we finished. Well that is all for this weekend and no pictures of course. I have gotten really bad in the photography department! Maybe when it warms up and we can get outside some!

No comments: