We left church and went to eat at Moe's Southwest Grill (a little fast food Mexican place), then had to run into Walmart and Home Depot all the norm's for a Sunday afternoon! After Logan's longggggg nap, we woke him to go and get an ice cream from Bruster's. It is so nice when you can go somewhere and not have to pay a dime for anything. Brooke's school gave all the mom's a coupon for a free ice cream cone only on Mother's Day, Brooke still had a free ice cream from her reading program at school and Logan is under 40" so he gets a free one too (which Daddy ends up eating since Logan doesn't like ice cream... I know he is not my child!) While we were sitting on the side eating our ice cream a lady walked by with a huge sundae and I told her it looked delicious. Logan looked at her and told her "his was delicious too!" The things that child will come out with! So we ate ice cream for supper and completely ruined any meal time this weekend!
Now it is time to thank all my MOM's!
I have 3 wonderful Mom's and I am so proud to call each of them MOM!
First, I have my Mom who labored for me only a short (ha, ha, ha) 31 years ago. I can certainly appreciate the things she endured having another child at home, pregnant with me, working and doing everything around the house that needed to be done. I know those days were not easy, but I can tell you from the finished product...I thank you for all your sacrafices to get me here! I thank you for all the sacrafices you gave throughout my childhood. Knowing what we went through as a child made me a better person, wife and mom today and I can thank you for that! You got to bandage me when I got hurt, your got to take me to the doctor when sick and just love on me in those crutial years of developing and finding my way with independance. We have such great memories of vacations that you made sure we still took, even when you were alone, ballgames, school programs, birthday parties, and sleepovers. You are awesome and I am blessed to have had you in my life as a child, teen, and now adult. Thank you for all your support, I am proud to call you MOM and I truly love you for who you are!
Second, I have my Bob, who raised me through those tough teen years. I know I put you through more than I care to mention. We had such a rough start, but I can now call you one of my best friends and Mom. We also went through a lot together and not all was pleasant, but like above it made me the person, wife and mom I am today and I can thank you for that! We rose to the top and got through our rocky start and hard heads and look at what we are able to share now. You were there through all the heart aches, friends fighting with each other over silly things, driving, wearing make up, buying dresses for proms, getting first jobs, and those lazy days by the pool on Saturday and Sunday afternoons with all our girl talks. You certainly made me feel comfortable and I always could tell you anything without you judging me. Thank you for all your support then and now. I also am proud to call you MOM and this is coming from "Someone who loves you!"
Last, but certainly not least, I have Nana, who is helping me get through the motherhood and marriage stage. I am so blessed to be a part of your family and to learn so much from you. You are able to provide for me the closeness of a family that I was not able to experience growing up in the same way that some families do. Not to say that I regret any of my life circumstances, I grew from each experience and thank all my Mom's for them. That was the path God had choosen for my life and how could I not be happy with what God has for me! I thank you for being supportive through our family circumstances at this time as it makes everything seem ok knowing we have everyone's support. God will see us through any hard times that we may endure. I thank you for all the talks, time spent together shopping, and just great family time together all as one. You always have made me feel welcome into your home from the first Thanksgiving when you had no idea who I was to our vacations together and so on. We have been so blessed with having you guys go on vacations with us and allowing us to come stay with you for a week at a time (although, we don't get to do that anymore due to business of life). I just thank you for putting up with me and my moodiness (I try not to bring that side out often, but it shines it's head through every once in a while). I feel we have so many similarities through our lives and we have just always seem to connect with that. I thank you most of all for what you went through to have your son/my husband 38 1/2 years ago. Thank you for the values you instilled in him all those years ago and allowing him to bring them into our marriage / family. I am so proud to call you MOM and I love you!
Sorry for the sappy messages for everyone else, but I want everyone to know that I have the best MOM's in the world and would not trade a one for anything in this world. I pray that I am able to one day be the women they already are and I pray I never let an opportunity pass me by to be able to express my love to these ladies! Life is getting shorter every day and I want NO regrets!
OK, on to church sermons now. Bare with me and this is an awesome message for those of you that have daughters. Our pastor started his next 6 week series this week and it is called "LOST", using that theme, each week he is talking about families that are lost and what he believes has led to this. This first week was Mom's to Daughters and be prepared, he holds no punches and he tells his side from his heart. That is one thing we love about our pastor, he is human and he does make mistakes, but he has never had a problem with telling his congregation of anything he may be going through in his life. The great thing is he is a man of God and he does go back to God's Word for advice and to seek the answers instead of just speaking from what he believes without any backup scripture. If you ever what to hear his message please visit our website @ http://www.fbcloganville.org/ and go to Listen Online. He truly has a gift! All that being said please check out his message from Sunday and look out Moms as he doesn't hold back:
What's Lost in Mom's Raising Mom's? (Proverbs 31:10-31)
1. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to discover their worth (v. 10)
World's Formula: (1 Samual 16:7)
What you look like
What you do (cheerleading, modeling, sports, etc.)
What others think of you
God's Formula: (Psalm 139:13-18)
What you are
Who you are
What He thinks of you
2. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to date. (v. 11-12) (this was a shocker for most since we all think that the Dad should be the one teaching this, but they have never been a teenage girl, so why should we think that way?)
"To date or not to date....When is the question."
** Dating Principle: (Proverbs 4:23) "Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
**A girl should not date at all until she is saved. If not saved, then she is unable to think with a Sprirt filled heart, so she is not making choices by going to God for the answers.
3. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to develop character. (v. 13-24)
Girls who are sugar & spice and everything nice are developed and not born.
Character Priciple: (Deut. 6:4-9) Godly character is a combination of walking the talk and talking the walk.
4. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to decode the times. (v. 25-26)
The Eve syndrome (Gen. 3:1-7): The once forbidden fruit is now a dangling carrot.
5. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to dress. (v. 30a)
Clothing Principle: (1 Tim. 2:9-10) Moms, are your daughters dressed to lure or dress to be pure?? Some of the kids today dress the way they do, b/c the Mom's do too. Think about what you are teaching your daughter with the way you dress. You are the Mom, take charge of their clothes!
6. Mom it is your responsibility to teach them how to become disciples. (v. 30b)
Mom, it is your responsibility to raise your girl to be His girl.
I hope this touched each of you the way it did me and made me realize so much. First of all, I was like a lot and thinking that it was Michael's responsibility to teach Brooke so many of these things being the father, the leader of the house, and now I realize it is time for me to take over and be the best MOM I can be to my daughter! Again, I don't want to regret anything!
Check back next week as he will bring the message for the Mom's to Son's, then the following 2 weeks will be Brothers to Brothers and Sisters to Sisters, then the last two weeks will follow up with Dads to Daughters, and Fathers Day is Father's to Sons. I know I will miss the 3rd week, but I will try to pick up everything from listening online and post. We will see! Thanks guys for letting me share my heart with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment