Saturday, November 24, 2007

BIG WIN FOR GRAYSON!!!

YEAH!!! WE BEAT NORCROSS, finally!!!
Ok, we had an exciting night of football last night to say the least. Our stomach's were turned inside out the entire night though. The final score was 34 to 16, I took a quick picture of the score board before they turned the lights out. That must be something everyone does when you play at someone else's home turf and you beat them. This entire season has gone that way. The score board goes black as soon as the game is over!
The night was freezing! I had me and the kids in 3 layers of clothes, three blankets, 2 chairs, 1 stroller and a partridge in a pear tree. Poor Logan, dispite being covered in all those layers and gloves and hat on, he still froze solid. He cried the entire game and I did not get to watch much of the game. During the 3rd Quarter though, Halie took Brooke, Brodey and Spencer to the concession stand and I was finally able to get Logan to sit in my lap covered up with blankets. I had to sit there singing "Jesus Loves Me" over and over to keep him from crying. He actually started singing with me. It was a sweet time, but did not last but for one quarter then it was back to crying.
When the game was over and we mobbed the field he was still crying. I knew he was a little cold, but honestly thought it was mostly his tummy hurting. He has eaten nothing but sweet potatoes all week. He told me his tummy was hurting and as a mother I could do nothing about it but sing to him )-:. Brooke did great all night. She stayed warm and Michael had bought us some hand warmer packets too, but Logan would not hold it.
Anyhow, we are now preparing for another week of football. This week we have to travel all the way down to Kingsland, GA. This is Camden Cty, which is the last county before entering Florida. Hopefully the weather will be wonderful and not cold! Brooke will have to miss school on Friday, but hey, it's worth missing for a good football game! HA!! Below are a couple of pictures I was able to get, most of them turned out blurry for some reason. I just got my new camera ordered yesterday with a great sale, so better pictures coming soon to a computer near you!
Scoreboard with 1 min 19 sec. left in the ball game. We had just scored our final touchdown! Check out all the people standing behind the team. When we scored that touchdown, the crowd from the stands mobbed the track and field. I was surprised they did not make everyone leave, but they stayed back! This win was great for our community! It is the first time in school history to make the 3rd round of the playoffs (school was just opened in 2000).
This is a happy Logan!
This is a not so happy Logan, but a happy Brooke playing on the hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!!!! Our prayers are with you for the next game too. We love you all. Mama & John.