The kids had a ball at Brodey's 4th birthday party. Of course, it was a race car theme and some of them raced their cars in the parking lot, but we didn't. It was a swimming party at their club house and all Brooke wanted to do was get in the pool. Now, keep in mind, our children are pool deprived, so when she says she wants to get in the pool, that means a little 1 foot baby pool. Even though she has a life jacket on, she does not think it will hold her and you cannot change her mind. Logan did not want to get in at all. I asked him at the house before we left if he wanted to go swimming in the pool, "No" was the answer quickly! I did finally get in the baby pool with him on my lap and got him splashing the water to get used to it. Then he ventured out walking around the pool on his own, until... I looked around (still standing in the little pool with him) and he was going under face first. Not what he had intended either. He was jumping and his feet came out from under him and fell forward. That was almost the end of his swimming days, but I would not let him get out just yet, what is the saying "you have to get back on the horse!" I finally got him calmed down while he had the death grip on my swimming suit, then I went and got in the big pool a little later and he wanted me, just not in the pool. I finally made him get in and he was not crazy about it, but as long as he had a toy in his hand and was playing he did not realize that I had walked away from the edge! Sneaky Mama! They did have fun though and Brooke never got off the steps of the big pool. I am really considering joining our association next year just to get them in the pool often, then we will get swimming lessons. If I tried swimming lessons right now it would be a waste, because we would never get them in the water to start them.
Wow, this blog is changing gears. I first started blogging in 2007 and stopped in 2011 due to life happening. It was originally to help our family and friends keep up with our growing kids. Guess what - they are pretty grown today. We are entering a new phase of life and after the Covid pandemic hit just a lot going on that I want to document.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Brodey's Birthday Party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment