Monday, September 17, 2007

Well, as you can see I was in no big hurry to post this weekend's game! We got creamed by Norcross (3-24). But, the kids enjoyed playing in the rain and the puddles. I went and bought them rain jackets Friday from Costco and got Brooke a pair of rain boots from Target (they did not have Logan's size and I knew he would not like them yet). She could not wait to be able to jump in puddles. It flooded on the way to the game, then stopped right before getting there, it started back with a few seconds to go before half-time then quit again before half-time was over. They did have fun playing, which made the game worthwhile!
I got Logan the rain jacket too, but he did not want to wear it. The sleeves are really long and it is fleece inside, so I am sure it was a little warm. Although, the breeze started blowing a little by the end of the game and it was feeling nice. I put Logan's old tennis shoes that are too small for him on, because I knew he would get in the water. His feet were soaked and I finally just took his shoes and socks off so he would not get blisters and they were so wrinkled, it was funny!
Posing with her rain gear. She was very into wearing her stuff!
Just discovered the puddle and I could not keep them out of it. By the end of the night he was soaked all on his shirt too from leaning over and splashing with his hands. Good thing I had his pj's in the van to change him into.
Brooke, Logan and Brodey playing will all the toys that we all bring together. That is the only way that we get to watch any of the game. I imagine we will all continue bringing our strollers to the game even when the kids are 8 years old just to hold all the toys.
Later in the night, Brooke, Brodey and Houston playing in that one puddle. They would throw the cars and balls in there just so they would have to walk in and get them out. Sneaky kids!

No comments: