What a crazy morning we had at the Pezent household!!! First, I must start off with last night. When Michael and I went to bed, I was in a funk from the events leading up to bedtime. Wednesday nights are always hectic due to getting home later from church and then the kids having to get bathes. Brooke always takes about a 45 minute shower, so constantly getting on her about that, then Logan not wanting to get a bath... and so on.
Anyhow, while Michael and I were praying together we just asked God to give me a Calm and Patience when times get hectic.
OK GOD...I got your message today! Wow at His timing!
My quite time reading this morning is out of the Experiencing God Day By Day Devotional and at first it really did not hit me too hard this morning until my day unraveled! The scripture referred in today message is Deuteronomy 28:2 "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God."
When you walk in fellowship with God, you do not have to ask Him to bless you. He wants to bless you! God's blessings often come in the midst of your everyday life - an encouraging telephone call in the middle of a busy morning. A friend may drop by to help when you are overwhelmed... and so on. God's blessings do not come in spectacular ways but in the ordinary busyness of your life. They come just when you most need an expression of God's love. Do not take God's gifts for granted. When you receive an unexpected blessing, thank God for His continuing love and be alert to recognize the next time His blessing overtakes you!
Well, with that being said, "Thank you God for my blessings today!" We got up this morning and actually Logan got up without fuss (I started talking about his Thanksgiving Feast/Party at school and he was ready to go), Brooke got ready without any fuss, both ate breakfast and watched a little cartoons. Then it was time to gather our things and run out the door to take Brooke to school. After that we come home for about 30 minutes, then go pick up Casey and take the two small ones to their school. Well, in the rush of gathering coats, hats, scarves, lunch bag, etc. we ran out, Mama locking the door to the house behind us. I have been finally locking everything up since our garage door has decided to quit working the past few days. I go to the van to open the door and realize it is locked! What, I forgot I started locking the van since the garage door stays open! Then I turn to the house and realize, I have just locked the van keys inside the house and the house keys are laying right there inside the van! Go figure! What are we going to do!
Brooke says, "I can ride the bus today Mama" "Sorry, the bus left right as we came outside baby!" Luckily I grabbed my cell phone, which I don't always do. I called our friend Melissa who we are carpooling with now and asked if she minded coming to pick us up before taking Clay to school, we could drop the big kids off and see if she could run me to the high school and pray Michael left his truck keys inside his truck so I can get my spare off the ring! I know, we are weird and this is a lot to think about! She said they were almost ready and would be here within 10 minutes. Thank goodness when they drove up, because I did not grab jackets for me and Logan since we were just dropping Brooke off and coming back home, he did not even have his shoes on and his rain boots that normally sit outside the doorstep where in the van! But of course they were, where else would they be?? (you can sense my sarcasm!) Melissa looked like an angel sent from God by this time and I was soooo very thankful we started this carpooling with someone so close by! Perfect, we drop the big kids and head to the high school.
I knew Michael was teaching PE, but did not know if his keys would be in his truck or not. Get there and find his spare to open his door, there sits his phone (which explains why he did not get my call) and no keys to be found. I picked up his phone and tried calling into the field house (we are sitting right outside, but you normally can't get an answer in there especially during school hours when everyone is teaching). The phone answers and I asked who it was, It was one of the other coaches and I asked if he would look on Michael's desk just to see if there were any keys and if not, could he find him in Coach Benton's class??? "Are they on a red rope?" "YES!!!" "Yeah, they are right here", hooray "can you bring them outside the door?" I get my key off to my van, go back home, unlock the door, get the house key and open that door and get MY van keys. Then me and the little kids are off to school...Finally!!!
I now have gone by Home Depot and got 2 more spare keys made to the house and I am thinking of wearing a van key and house key as my new pendant on a necklace! Those who have experienced my madness of locking myself out of everywhere would probably agree to this awesome idea!
Let's see, locked us out of the van downtown at the GA Aquarium in the heat of the summer in a parking garage that was registering 104 degrees! Locked us out of the van at Beef O' Brady's for dinner one afternoon so Michael had to walk home to get his keys (actually Michael locked us out that time, and a friend happen to drive up not long after Michael took off walking so I asked if she would go pick him up and take him home for us!). Locked Logan and myself out of the house in the middle of the summer one time and Michael was gone to football camp, called locksmith who was on his way 45 minutes later, then opened my compartment in the van and found the house keys. Yes, there is a trend going here and it is not a good one! Well, happy Thursday to all and stop and recognize God's blessings everyday, I just did! I will be posting pictures and video from Logan's Thanksgiving Feast soon.
1 comment:
Another thanks-living close to all those places! Ha
Post a Comment