We had our first major accident and it was with her scooter! Needless to say, the scooter won. Brooke rides it on the road in front of the house and down the side street to the cul-de-sac. Well going down the side street is a little bit of a hill all the way down and she was going too fast and fell into the curb on our side.
Michael and I were sitting in the front yard watching Logan play and heard her screaming that scream you just never want to hear your child make. The scream that "ok, we know something is wrong", so Michael jumped up and took off running to the side of the yard. I looked down there and saw her holding her face and blood under her eye, but I wasn't close enough to see much else. I was already worried she had hit her eye and it was badly hurt. To my surprise it was not that bad, thank God!
She hit directly into the curb with her face, she only had a small road burn on her elbow and a deep scratch on her knee, but nothing else but the face. It immediately bruised right up and started swelling, so I took her in to clean it up and put the #1 boo-boo healer in the world (a bandaid) on her scratches and then started doctoring the face. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot to do to help it, but clean it good and put some ointment on it. Then we went down to eat supper and she ate without it hurting in the bone area, you could tell it was just the bruising that was hurting now, so we knew nothing was broken in her face.
After supper Michael got the ice pack and made her put that on it for a while (off and on) to help the swelling. By morning it looked a lot better than I thought it would. She was such a trooper and Mama was too! I told Michael it was a good thing he got there first, because I don't handle situations like that well. Although, I did do great and was very calm in cleaning her up. She was so sweet and you just hate to see your child hurt like that, you just want to take that pain away! We told her this would not be her last accident by far! We went to Grayson Days festival on Saturday and walked in the parade with the football team and coaches, so we had to explain what happen quite often and by today she was telling the story herself to all her friends at church. She woke up this morning and I asked her what dress she wanted to wear. She just got this gloomy look on her face and said "everyone is going to laugh at me because of my face". That is when you really want to take it all away for them. After church though, she said "no one laughed at me Mama, they were all asking what happened".
1 comment:
Poor baby :-( You are so right about it not being the last time. Just keep putting vitamin E oil on it to keep the scarring down. Yes, Logan is very handsome :-) and Brooke is very pretty too :-) We love you all, Papa John and Grandma
Post a Comment