We had a great weekend. Brooke and myself went down to Adel for Jenn's baby shower, so we got to have a girls weekend and Michael and Logan went to Auburn on Saturday to watch the Auburn Spring Game (A-Day game). We all had a great time, but sure did miss each other! Brooke and I got to stay with Granny Bob and enjoy our company. On Saturday we got up and went to the baby shower which I got to see all of my old high school friends and realize how much I miss seeing them all. Everyone looked great and we had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of Brynnan!
After that, we went and visited with Granny Cofield and Princess (her little doggy). Brooke absolutely loves Princess since she will let her pet her. Then we rode out to see Allison and Aunt Donna (Cleve was at baseball practice) and came back to Granny Bob's for the rest of the afternoon. Papa Ray came out to visit for several hours too. Brooke and Papa Ray wore Granny Bob's dog "Taz" out, throwing her the ball.
We took Granny Bob out to eat at the awesome Catfish House and then rode over to Melissa's mom and dad's for her dad's 60th birthday party. It was great to get to see all of them also. And no, I forgot to take my camera to get pictures of Brooke and Kenzie playing with all of Melissa's old Barbie dolls, house, car, clothes and Pound Puppies. Wow, this brought back waaaaay too many memories. I could not believe that I actually remembered so many of the outfits and furniture that we used to play with as kids about Brooke's age. I started going to Melissa's in 1st grade and we have been friends since then! Thanks everyone, we enjoyed our visit back home!
When me and Brooke got home, he was asleep on his bean bag, so we did not wake him. Once he woke up, I called to him and he had the biggest grin on his face. He jumped up and I thought he was running over to see me, but went right past me into the kitchen. I asked him where he was going and he turned back around and said "where's Brooke?". That was my welcome home! Then he came running over and hugged on me for a while. He does love his sister though!
No comments:
Post a Comment