Saturday, March 1, 2008

Help from the kids!

Well, with Daddy gone to Auburn to the coaches clinic this weekend we took some time to just play and cook. After we got Brooke from school on Friday we went to the store and got stuff to make cupcakes. So, when we came home we went ahead and baked the cupcakes so they could be cooling while we made supper. I let the kids help me make breakfast (one of our favorite night time meals, but Daddy cooks it the best!). Brooke wanted green eggs since they have been talking all about Dr. Seuss this week in school. So, I made green eggs (not real appealing, but they were fine) without the ham. We had a little picnic on the kitchen floor, then after that clean up we got to decorate our cupcakes. The kids seem to enjoy themselves and I enjoyed just spending some quality time with them. We can't wait for Daddy to come home Saturday, he left of Thursday so we miss him pretty bad by now.
Ready to help cook!
Brooke doing the mixing part. Logan did not like the feel of that thing in his hand, so he let his sister take care of all the mixing.
Logan wanted to dip into the bowl instead of just the beater.
This stuff is really yummy Mama! They each got to lick a beater, so yes, we had it everywhere when we were finished, but it was good and fun.
This stuff is really good. They both take after their Mama in eating raw cake mixes! Yummy!
Time to get washed up!
If I stay here long enough, maybe I will get some more cake mix before Mommy cooks them all!
Our breakfast picnic with green eggs to celebrat Dr. Seuss' Birthday. We did not add ham.
Let's see how much icing I can get on this one cupcake.
Brooke wants the works on hers.
Logan likes his without icing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some little people are having lots of fun :-)
Glad you enjoyed your picnic.
Love you lots
Papa John and Grandma