Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning!

Good Morning Sleepy Heads...
Well, it was early morning and we came down to see if indeed the Easter Bunny had come. Guess What...he did! We went to early church today, so it was hard getting up so early, but we made it. The kids were excited. I woke Brooke up first (yes, I had to actually wake her up, surprising!) and went ahead to get her hair done, then we went in to get Logan up. He stretched and I asked if he wanted to see if the Easter Bunny had come, "yes mam", then he finally stood up all bright eyed in the bed waiting on me to get him out.
Brooke's first comment was, "there are no toys"! Imagine that! I told her that the Easter Bunny probably saw me throwing away all kinds of old toys on Saturday and realized they did not need anymore little gadgets! I cleaned the basement out a little on Saturday from when we moved in 3 years ago. If we had not gotten it out of the box by now, then we did not need it was my motto!
Luckily, the only candy that the Easter Bunny brought this year was the Marshmellow Peeps made with Splenda and a chocolate Easter Bunny with peanut butter in the middle. This would also be because Mama shopped for candy too early before the holiday and ate all the rest of what I got for them. I know, BAD MAMA! I am paying for it now by having to work extra hard working out. I don't know if I will ever learn that I can't burn that stuff off as easy as I could when I was younger.
Can I have some now, Mama? Not at 7am, maybe after lunch today! That is all I heard most of the morning.
A new coloring book with Jesus in it. Just what I needed, so I won't have to color the tv anymore! They both got more clothes this year since that was what was needed the most!
Brooke all dressed up for church in her Easter dress that Nana made. Brooke says she looks like Cinderella in it with the puffy sleeves, which she loves. Hopefully she will keep that innocense for a while longer! I did not get to let Logan wear his Easter outfit since it was a little cooler this morning and it did not have sleeves and it was shorts. I will take them to get a picture made soon! It is precious too!
After church and lunch, now ready to hunt eggs. Please don't judge Brooke's pants, yes, they are a bit short but she still likes to play in them!
Logan was into getting them eggs this year. We gave him a little head start!
Brooke made it down too and they both found about the same amount so it worked out great!
Brooke blowing bubbles with her new bubbles from the Easter Bunny.
Logan before he poured all of his bubbles out! He managed to blow a few before just dumping them on the ground!
Posing with her bubbles.
Lipping his bubbles. He could not get enough water to drink when we were done. He was trying to get all the soap from his mouth. He kept saying "yuck".
Brooke hiding the eggs for Daddy to find. This was pretty funny.
Daddy being a trooper finding all the eggs! She could get in some spots that weren't as easy for us to hide theirs in! We all had a great time playing the game!

No comments: