Monday, February 25, 2008

A Special Prayer Request!

We are so pleased to tell the family that Brooke is really asking lots and lots of questions about God, Heaven, Hell (or as she puts it, that bad bad firey place), baptism, and being saved. We have both been praying for this for each of our children since birth and we are one step closer with her.

I put her to bed every night and we have been reading a bible story every night for as long as I can remember with her (probably started around 2yrs old). Every once in a while she will have a question, but not until recently has she really begun asking some serious questions. So, I have been noticing her interest and the wheels spinning. I spoke with Michael on Friday about it and said it was time for us to really sit down with her and the two of us and dig deeper to see how much she really understands.

Michael spoke with our pastor on Sunday after church to make sure we go about it in the best way for her age. He gave several suggestions, so we began talking with her more in depth last night and asking her some questions to see where she was.

I am posting this basically to ask for you all to pray for her and us as we approach this very important life changing experience for our daughter. I can't even tell you all how excited we are to know she is moving to this awesome stage in her life to try and live her life now for God! We just pray for complete understanding for her. I will certainly keep you posted on our progress so you can share in the celebration when she accepts Jesus as her Savior!!!

No comments: