We got through another football season and did pretty good in the playoffs this year. We beat Valdosta, which was a great thing, but lost to Colquitt. Some home town neighbors for me. Now,
Both kids LOVED school this year. Brooke is almost finished with 3rd grade and has really shined! She made all A's and B's (that darn spelling gets her every time!). She has an amazing teacher this year and they both share the love of Science together. Her teacher is hosting a Science Camp this year at our school through a company called Camp Invention and her teacher graciously gave us a nice discount because she knew Brooke really would love it and we were not doing it because of costs. She is beyond excited that she gets to do it now and I am so happy for her. Her reading level this year started out as high as you could go for 3rd grade, so no change there according to scores. Her teacher's only comment was that she loves reading so much that it sometimes interferes with her other work. How do you get on to a child for that?? I hated reading, so you bet I have always encouraged her in reading. When they go to the computer lab, she was locking herself out of the computer so she could go sit and read instead, because her teacher did not have all their passwords. LOL! I did think that was pretty clever! She is a great student and shows so much compassion for others...except her brother! Ha! She brought home an application the other day to sign up for a "Peer Helper" next year. They only accept 25 once all applications are in and the student has to fill the application out themselves and they have to get another adult recommendation other than a parent. They have to be willing to give up recess one day a week to go help underclassmen with work. She will be awesome as a Peer Helper and I hope she gets one of the positions!
Logan has 2 weeks left of Pre-K, then he is off to big school. He is so excited to be at school with Brooke. I don't think it has hit him yet that he will be there 5 days a week versus the 3 days now and all day versus half a day. He is more than ready though and will do great as long as he can keep the clowning down and his talking under control! He is an awesome student too though. I don't know where these kids got their brains, because I know mine were always less than average and still are! LOL! I guess their Daddy is holding back on me! Just kidding, they have a very intelligent Daddy and their Mama can...well, teach them how to organize. I'm even slacking in that category too. (-: Logan has been reading this year on his own and some help from his sister. He always amazed me how he could read signs so well early on, but now he can read books and does a great job. He reads by sight though and he does not sound words out. He loves numbers so I hope he is great at math. We took him to register for Kindergarten last week and the teacher that evaluated him (which is one of the 2 names I wrote down to request as his teacher) came over and told me how smart he was, then proceeded to tell me that he even knew what 7X3 was! I had told him before going in not to bring that up. He was asking me in carpool one day about 7X3 and I was teaching him how to figure it up by adding 7 + 7 + 7, so now that is HIS math problem to tell everyone. He is too funny.
Brooke has decided to do another year of cheering and the change this year is that I am helping COACH her squad. Wow, that is a big change for me, but I cannot wait for the time we will have together doing something she loves. The head coach is someone from her squad last year that I became friends with, so we are all excited and just want the girls to have a fun experience.
Logan decided to take on a new sport this year as he wanted nothing to do with T-Ball again. He absolutely hated that, because it was just too slow and boring for him. He has all of the sudden really loved to run so I talked him into trying out soccer this year. He has LOVED it and loves his team. There are only 6 little boys and we knew 2 of them already, so it has been so much fun for him. I told Michael we needed to sign him up for the Speed and Agility Camp this summer that the head football coach does there at the high school, because he just loves to run. I think we are going to try it out since we get to do it at half price and it's pretty cheap anyhow for 6 weeks, 2 days a week.
What is new with Michael and I: well, Michael did get hired on as a teacher this past year as part time. It was perfect too, he had all morning classes and was home for lunch everyday, then would go back for either football or track practice. We are uncertain for next year as they have told him due to budget cuts they may not have anything again, however we are told that the principal has him penciled in which is a great sign! We have faith and are not worried at all this time. God has seen us through so much and we know He is still working in our lives everyday. We do feel this is where God wants him. It has been an amazing transition for him this year having his own class. I know he is an awesome teacher!
As for myself, I am still with Pitney Bowes even with all the crazy layoffs and reorganizations that have gone on. I am still in the position I got last year as an MVS Liaison and it has gotten better. I used to have 9 accounts that I dealt with daily and now we hired a 3rd body so we were able to disburse the work load even more and I now only have 3 accounts. One of those is the largest account in MVS at $2 million and it does take up all of my time and then some. I just don't have nearly the flexibility in work schedule like I did a couple of years ago though, but I am so thankful to have a job.
We have all been truly BLESSED this year with good health, finances, jobs, school, friends and family! We know we can thank God everyday for something!
Here are some pictures taken lately, mostly of Logan's soccer!
![]() |
![]() |
| Free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox |


No comments:
Post a Comment