Monday, May 3, 2010

Heartbroken...

Completely Heartbroken....

then I look around at others and realize how BLESSED I really am.

Last week on Monday, my husband turned on the computer and it had a strange thing pop up. He tried to reboot, because if all else fails...REBOOT and still the same weird thing. We have only had this computer for just over a year, but we went with this company because thankfully it comes with a 3 year parts and labor warranty.

My husband had to take it to them the next day and then they called us Thursday to let us know the hard drive crashed and they had to replace. Oh and by the way, we hope you backed everything up because we could not retrieve anything! No, we did not back everything up because we did not know it would crash in a years time.

All that being said, I lost all of my pictures that were on the computer!!!! Luckily I did have a habit of backing my pictures up onto a CD often in years past, however my 2009 was just a little busy and hectic so I only had them saved through Christmas of 2008. 2009 has been permanently deleted and lost forever! In other ways though I am so blessed to have all the other years (to me the most important years to this point) backed up. We have a couple in our church who just suffered a house fire and lost basically everything. So yes, I am blessed to have what I have.

Thank goodness too that I chose to start this blog several years ago to document my childrens lives since I am a slacker and don't want to spend the money on scrapbooking...main reason is I am a slacker!

I also got a little smart and immediately bought a back up drive that I just installed, so we will know we have a backup from now on. Pictures to me are so precious as they are with every other mother/woman out there and I certainly cannot rely on my failing mind these days to remember what all has happened in the lives of my children, so I will start fresh with a new photo album on the computer post crash.

Thanks for listening to my rambling today, because that is all I have for you right now...is rambling!

2 comments:

The Thrailkills said...

So sorry Tiffany!

I just started this year creating a "best of" each month. I take a lot of pictures but rarely do anything with them! I upload my "best of" each month to shutterfly/snapfish so they are out in internet space somewhere!

I too am a blogger not scrapbooker:)

jodi said...

So sorry about your pictures. I am a picture freak so I understand! I use Flickr as my online storage. Their basic acct is free and the upgrade doesn't cost much. I only upload my favorites there so at least I still have all of those.