This is Logan's look of "DEFEAT"! He has been defeated by Nana AND Papa at Old Maid! It has been an extremely long few weeks around here so a little behind on updates.
The past week and a half has been a lot of flooding rain around here! Nana and Papa came into town two Friday's ago to go watch the Grayson Rams play and it was a complete miracle that on Friday night we had no rain and the sky's actually cleared some. They were going to finally get to watch Brooke cheer on Saturday, but due to all the flooding the games all got called off. On top of all the rain, I started getting sick with just a nasty cold and laryngitis.
On Tuesday of last week, I had to go over to Peachtree City for a management meeting with my new boss! It was such a relief to finally get to meet him and know what he is expecting. I was there through Thursday and cannot thank Nana and Papa enough for staying the week to shuffle the kids around for us and to get them fed!
It was a good thing they were going on vacation on a cruise this past weekend to recoup from the week around here with these schedules! Everything went well from what they said and the kids just love having grandparents around.
Before I left for my meeting, I got to witness this mad game of Old Maid between Logan, Papa and Nana! This kid is determined to win these cards games.

Not so happy that no one will pick the Old Maid from him.

I think Papa finally gave in and picked it. Logan would stick the Old Maid up higher than all the other cards and then when you would try to pick another card, he would move his hands around to try and get your hand to land on that one! He was hysterical!!!

Looks like he got it back from Nana!

"Man, I just can't get rid of this card!"

Hoping and Praying that Papa will pick her again!

His sister came to try and help him out!

"Here you just take this one!"

Uh Oh! He got it back!!!

DOG!

We did have our game at Shiloh a few weeks ago that I had forgotten to download from my camera. Here is Brooke with Kaitlyn and Elizabeth doing one of the cheers. This is our final week of 3 day practices and then on Sunday we have the BIG CHEER OFF at the Gwinnett Arena. This is their big competition that they have worked so hard for. It is only 2 minutes long, but a lot of hours of practice for it. They will be competing in the Large Division against about 6 or 7 other Gwinnett teams. We will be having a "hair party" on Saturday night so those parents that know how to get their hair up can help those of us that can't do it! Brooke has really enjoyed cheering this year and I have enjoyed watching her grow into a young lady!

Logan playing with McKinlee, Coach Jennifer's oldest daughter.

Some of the girls before the game just playing around.
No comments:
Post a Comment