Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to our regularly scheduled life...

Well, after this weekend our family is kind of back to normal with a little more normal schedule for us! This was our winningest (ok, I know that is not a word) weekend every! Started off with Thursday night, the JV and 9th Grade football teams won their games. Friday night Grayson won, Saturday morning Brooke's team that she cheers for won their first game, Saturday night Auburn won and the final and most exciting...Sunday morning, the 2nd Grade Large Division Grayson Rams Cheerleaders won Cheer Off! We were so proud of that squad and coaches for all their hard work!
Our weekend started out on Friday. I took the day off to spend most of it with Logan and to take him to the doctor for his 4 year old check up! Yes...I did say 4!!! Where is the time going? Well, we got to the doctor and could not even get the 4 immunization shots he needed since it was not quite his birthday yet, so we just got the flu shot and his finger prick. He did so good, but still cried. He is getting a little better though and I had already promised him a wonderful lunch out at Chick-fil-a with our dear friends Mrs. Melissa and her daughter Casey, who is Logan's best buddy! Casey had to get her 4 year old shots that morning before us too, so we were treating them both.
After a nice lunch with them, we all headed down the road to Cold Stone Creamery for the kids to enjoy a nice cool treat of their choice.
This is Logan and Casey enjoying their ice cream outside of Cold Stone Creamery. I told Melissa it looked like they were sitting at a Bistro in Paris! So grown up! Logan had to get the same kind of ice cream as Casey, he said "Well, it's blue and I like blue!".
So then we headed home and stopped to check Brooke out of school. Not long after we arrived home Grandma and Papa John made it to town for the weekend. We loaded up and headed to none other than...
TOYS R US!
Yes, this is our birthday tradition with Grandma and Papa John and the kids really enjoy it. He played at the Thomas table for quit a while, but not as long as I thought he would (he was getting hungry). I was so happy that Toys R Us did not have the Thomas Action Canyon, because that is what he was planning on buying and I had already ordered it and was waiting until Saturday morning for him to open. Whew!
Lot's of thinking going into this playtime!
After shopping it was time to head over to On The Border for some good ole' mexican. We got them to sing to Logan and then we got a big plate of those delicious cinnamon sugar thingys...can't remember what they call them, but they are delicious for sure!
Enjoying the last drop of cheese he left!
When we got home it was about 6:45pm, so I decided to leave the kids home with the grandparent's and head on over to the high school football game. Wasn't sure if I would make it back in time, so did not really plan on that one, but glad I got to go. Great game to watch and support Michael!
Saturday morning, we all had to be up bright and early for Brooke's game. We had to be there by 8:30am, so off we went. She got picked as Captain this week, so she got to call out the cheers. It was a little chilly that morning, but felt great!
Logan snuggled in with Grandma...not watching Brooke. LOL!
When we got home, we finally gave Logan his present and boy was he a happy boy! We had to go ahead and put it together for him to play with for a little while before taking them up to...
Yes we are completely insane! Chuck E. Cheese's on a Saturday!!! I believe Logan was pretty tired though, he was ready to go by the time I made it back from Costco. I think he just wanted to get home to play with Thomas Action Canyon!!! He wanted to call Preston (Denise's little boy) to tell him he got a Thomas Action Canyon too!
Just playing some of the games.
Some of the many prizes.
Finally we got to blow out the candles and enjoy some birthday cake. He requested a strawberry and chocolate cake, so one layer is strawberry and the other is chocolate. Pretty tasty with cream cheese icing.
Then after all that fun, Brooke and I had to go to the hair party to get her hair put up for Cheer Off on Sunday while the rest of the family headed out for a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. On Sunday morning we met up with the rest of the squad at 8am and headed to the Gwinnett Arena where their squad had to compete with 4 other Large Division squads around the county. We won 1st place and was so proud of those girls and all the coaches. They all worked so hard for this. It was our coaches 2nd year in a row to win it for their division and some of these girls were on the squad last year, so they knew what it felt like. Brooke on the other hand had never won anything like this and was so happy. I think she is stuck on cheerleading for a while now! I have seen a huge confidence boost with her since starting this year, although I have also seen her grow into a young lady too. )-: Please check out the slideshow below as I put pictures of all of their cheering from the summer until Cheer Off on there and you can tell by the music I choose that I am a little sad she is growing up so fast! Hope you enjoy them all and I am so glad to finally be able to slow down a bit this week from extracurricular activities because work has been enough!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Cheer Off '09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

jodi said...

While I had Logan this morning in class I told him "happy birthday" and told all the kids that he just turned 4 and got to go to Toys R Us. I was making a big deal out of it and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "it's not my birthday. I already did all that." Cracked me up! :)

Tiffany Pezent said...

That sounds like Logan!