Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hide and Seek...

"Mommy, it's not loose yet..."

"what's not loose?"

"my toof"

"when it comes out I'm gonna hide it in my room from the toof fairy"

"you're going to play hide and seek with your tooth?"

"yes ma'am"

"the Tooth Fairy won't be able to leave you any money for your tooth if you hide it."

hummmmm....we are still thinking about this one!

Lately, we have finally gotten our first loose tooth for Brooke, and I mean really loose. Everyone else her age seems to have already lost one at least and she is still smiling with all right now! We knew she would be late loosing them since she was late getting them too (10 months old for her 1st one). She now has both of the bottom teeth very loose and every day she is wiggling and jiggling them as much as possible to get them to come out! Oh, how I remember those days of loose teeth and the anxiety over how to get it to come out so I can get paid!!! Then once it FINALLY comes out, it was always a sigh of relief and then came "that didn't hurt!". I see this with my own child now.

Of course with all this wiggling and talking going on around the house about Brooke getting ready to lose a tooth and getting paid for these teeth, her brother is so eager to experience this excitement too! The conversation above was the other night with me and him and I can't help but to wonder where his mind goes to sometimes. He certainly thinks way ahead thanks to having an older sister!

Well, I scheduled pictures for Tuesday for the kids and was hoping we would be snaggle tooth in them, but it is not looking like that will happen yet. Brooke keeps saying she hopes to loose it while at school, so she can go to the clinic and get a special BOX to put it in. How cute, I don't think they did that when I was in school. You just prayed you did not loose it at school, because then you may not make it home with it to give to the tooth fairy...no special boxes, that's for sure! Can't wait to post the first snaggle tooth picture!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you lost the top teeth first...shows how much I know. I lost my two front teeth at 2 years old. I was running at Grandma Clouser's house and fell and broke them off, then I had to have surgery to get the rest of the two removed. Don't care what anyone says, I do remember being in the crib in the hospital and Dad brought me small plastic red rocking horse to play with. The nurse also tried feeding me peas and I spit them out all over her :-). Just tell Brooke not to lose all of them at once :-) And Logan, he needs to not be in such a big hurry to lose his. What a pair! We love you all so much. Papa John and Grandma :-)