Just wondering if this is a girl thing, kid thing, or just that phase of life...
Yesterday afternoon once I picked up Brooke from school, we came home and I was finishing up my work when all I can hear is Logan screaming at the top of his lungs. He was in Brooke's room, so there is no telling. I am thinking he got his finger pinched in something, hopefully.
After telling him to come here several times, he finally makes his way into the office (no I am not that lazy, I would have went to him, but could tell by the scream it was not too serious). I ask what happened and he is still trying to catch his breath from crying so hard to tell me that Brooke put Sweet Pea in his nose.
OK, Brooke has a little bottle of Bath & Body Works "Sweet Pea" body spray in her room to use in the mornings, so she feels like a young lady. After several minutes of asking and trying to figure this one out, I finally get the truth that she sprayed it up Logan's nose! YOU DID WHAT??? That is nothing but alcohol and burns, what were you thinking???
"Well, he said he wanted to smell it." "So you sprayed it up his nose??" Well, that finally settled down after I forgot my Screamfree Parenting rules and yes I did scream (only for a moment), then tried to explain that you don't spray or put anything up anyone's nose! Got it!
Then after church last night we came in late due to the consignment sale and I still needed to do my workout, so I sent Brooke in to get a shower and put herself to bed, while Daddy came downstairs with me to workout. She came down a little later to tell us goodnight and off to bed she went.
Then about 10 minutes later (about 9:40pm) she came running back downstairs crying. I stopped what I was doing to see what was the matter. "I did a flip in my bed and fell off the other side and hit my head and my back." "You did what?" (very calmly) "Baby, you were suppose to be sleeping, not doing flips in your bed." We both consoled her for a few minutes and tried again to explain the problem with doing flips in your twin size bed and what will happen when you fall. Poor thing, she did scratch up her back pretty good.
I don't know, maybe she is just wanting to try new things and is bored with her old life...as long as we don't end up in the emergency room for anything, I am fine with her exploring new things!
1 comment:
What dull lives you all lead :-)
I hope she did not hurt the vertibrae in her back. Mine are turned to the right after I fell years ago and landed across the night stand and hit my head against the wall.
Poor Logan, that had to have burned.
Love you all Mama
Post a Comment