Sunday, December 7, 2008

Behind on posting lately!

Man, it is amazing at how far behind I can get during the holiday season! Well, we have been pretty busy around here. First off, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving week. Michael got to go and eat breakfast with Brooke one morning at school in her class. They had Pancakes with Dad the Tuesday morning before Thanksgiving. It is great that he can go to their events at school now that he is so close by. They had a great time at that and Brooke loves her Daddy!!!!
On Thanksgiving Day we had lunch when Michael came in from football practice and then I let him spend some time with the kids while I ran to Garden Ridge to pick up an artificial tree this year. I am tired of spending $30-$40 bucks on a tree that never makes it til Christmas since our house is sooo dry! Forget the smell of a real tree, I will go get some trimmings off the ground at Lowe's!
Then of course, Friday night was our BIG football game against Lowndes County High School (ranked #4 in the Nation and #1 in the State). By the way, we were not suppose to win that game according to every human in the state except for our confident coaches, team and families of the team!!! I forgot too that Michael's parents and brother's family came into town on Friday to go to the game with me. We had a great time with the exception of thinking we were going to have to take Logan to the emergency room for a concussion! Oh yeah, that happened with about 5 minutes left in the game. He was in the Strength Center since it was raining, and I was by the fence watching the game when I hear people calling me to hurry in, it was something with Logan. OK, I know my boy and know how dramatic he can be (he learned from his sister!), so not thinking much of it. Then they tell me he was riding on one of the 10 year old boys (another coaches son) back and the boy tripped, then Logan went flying over his head and landed directly on the side of his head and hard! Needless to say they had taken up all the cushy mats from the floor, so he landing on that hard black rubber floor. He was hysterical, so we ran him to the concession stand to get ice and luckily there was an EMT/Fireman in there that could check him out. He asked every question in the book and tried to watch him closely. Logan was not acting like himself and just wanted to go to sleep, which he did within 15 minutes. He just told us to watch him closely and try to wake him every so often and if he started vomiting to get him to the hospital immediately! So by this time we scored again and the game was over, so we ran out onto the field with Logan dead to the world asleep on my shoulder and feeling like he weighs 50 + pounds by now! Wew, what a night! Thanks Nana for all your help!
We took all the kids (our 2 and Michael's brothers 3 boys) up to Discover Mills to play at Jullian's for the day on Saturday until the Auburn / Alabama game came on. They had a great time playing and burning off some energy since it was cold and raining all day.
This is how I came home one day the week of Thanksgiving after taking Brooke to school (Michael was home and stayed with Logan who had not woken up yet by the time I left). He was folded up inside his toy basket and laying in his bed! He finally saw me after I took a couple pictures.
Trying to get out now!
Brooke and Michael's Indian pancakes!
Her turkey call! Gotta love those things around the house.
This was too funny, Logan had gotten Papa's glasses and was trying to walk in them, but with them being bifocals, he was stumbling around a good bit. Then Brooke put Nana's on and they crossed her eyes! We got a big kick out of them.
Brooke and Logan with Nana and Papa
Ok, since we lost our game Friday night, we were finally able to start decorating for Christmas this weekend. I got the tree out and assembled it on Saturday, Logan came downstairs and said "the tree is beautiful Mommy!" He is a little man of MANY words, even his teacher said he has no problems talking! He looks like a little old homeless man with that hat on! Well, I did all the decorating of the breakable ornaments Saturday night, so after church today the kids got to put the nonbreakable ones on at the bottom. They were so excited and were singing songs, too funny! The best part was that Logan put about 4 ornaments on each little branch. He kept going back to the same one, but they will stay that way unless they start falling off! I was so proud of their decorating.
He was really concentrating on what he was doing.
Finished product and you can see Logan's clumps of ornaments along the bottom.
Then we headed outside to decorate and Michael trimmed up some hedges. We put the kids to work on taking the clippings to the side of the yard. Logan gladly went and got his wheel barrel (thanks Preston for that) and started picking them up. It lasted for about 3 trips to the clipping pile and then he was ready to go inside. "My hands are cold." We finally got them finished.
They look like some yard kids!
This past week we got to go to our churches live walk through outdoor drama "The Journey To Bethlehem" and it was the best year ever, I thought. They do an awesome job on this production every year by transforming the back of our parking lot into a town, with a little market place, the inn, animals, the tax collector at the gate, with soldiers on horses guarding the gate, and then at the end of course is the stable with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. You go through with a group and a tour guide to tell the story, well I was holding Logan through it and they all say "Shalom" for hello and goodbye. The next thing I hear is Logan telling them all "Shalom" back, it was too cute. Then our guide kept telling us "come along travelers" and Logan looked at me and said "I not a traveler Mommy!". Him and Brooke actually got up on the alter inside before we went through and was singing Christmas carols (or attempting it) with some other kids in there. I was shocked that they both wanted to go up there. I guess they are not too shy! We did have a great time though and can't wait until next year.
Well, another week coming and one more closer to Christmas break for the kids! Can't wait for that this year. Christmas should be very exciting around our house this year, now that Logan knows more about it. All month long (or since he first saw Santa at the first part of November), he keeps asking if Santa is coming today and if he is bringing Salty and Duncan (his train requests). He is really into it this year and could not figure out why Santa did not give him his trains after he sat on his lap in November. He got in the parking lot after seeing him and stopped dead in his tracks, I asked "what is it, Logan", "I did not get Salty and Duncan" and was very sad. I had to explain that Santa is just taking request right now and will bring what he can make/find on Christmas Eve. Yeah, he really understood that one! Anyhow, hope you all have a great week and remember the reason for the season!

No comments: