We had a wonderful weekend in Jackson, AL for our annual Pezent Christmas. We got there about 10pm Central Time Friday night with the kids wound tight! Uncle Lorin, Aunt Angela and the 3 boys got there shortly after that with 2 boys asleep and one no where close to sleep! We all got up on Saturday morning and ate some breakfast. Papa had brought the tractor home from the country so they could all get a turn riding around the neighborhood.
Logan, I think was the only one that did not want to ride it. I believe the sound of it starting scared him. The ladies stayed inside mostly catching up with each other and watching Nana prepare our lunch.
Once everyone got showered and dressed then I had set up the camera in the livingroom to take a family picture. That was not as bad as I thought it would be. The kids for the most part all cooperated great! We took several, but I still need lots of practice.
Then we let the kids swap their gifts just before we went up to Aunt Marie's for the big Christmas. Brooke was so excited because she got some more dress up stuff. She got some red slip on hills (shoes) that had Snow White on them and wanted to wear them to Aunt Marie's. I told her fine (at least they matched her outfit), Michael told her no, but later gave in!
Once everyone arrived at Aunt Marie's, Uncle Johnny read the Christmas Story from the Bible and Sloan said the prayer. Then they had a small cake and lit the candles for the kids to sing "Happy Birthday Jesus". They were so cute and of course I did not get that one videoed.
We all ate lots of wonderful foods, then the kids got to open their gifts. Again, Brooke got some more dress up (necklace, earrings, tiara, bracelets that lit up). She was all dolled up by this time. Bless her heart, she was the only little girl there, the boys out numbered her this year.
After the kids, then the men sat around to do their Dirty Santa, then the ladies did theirs. We always have a good time doing this. Last but not least, came the singing. We love to hear (Michael, Lorin and Uncle Johnny) them get up to play their guitars and sing. The kids always help out on the ones they know and everyone else helps out too!
There is some video from the singing that I captured that I thought was cute of the kids. They are all such hams! We all got up Sunday morning and started packing up, then went to the Catfish House and ate lunch then headed home. Nana & Papa followed us home for Christmas. We just had a wonderful time and hope you all enjoy the many pictures. I could not download them all to the site, so choose to do the montage again. Be patient with the montage, it takes a little while to get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment