It's hard to believe the last time I posted was the 4th of July 2011...WHAT?! So Brooke would have been 9 years old and Logan was only 6 years old. So much has happened in 10 years and I constantly look back and think of the things I used to worry about (will my child be in diapers when starting school, will my child still suck her thumb when she starts school, will my son ever be able to tie his own shoe...the jury's still out on that one, ha!). They indeed made it and they are great humans that we are so proud of.
Just a quick run-through over the years, Brooke of course started driving, graduated high school, and just finished her sophomore year of college at a local college here. She has been working at Your Pie since they opened back in December 2018 and she's now the assistant manager. She still wants to be an elementary school teacher when she finishes school. Brooke has faithfully served in our church teaching what was 3-year-olds and has grown with them into 2nd grade now (I think). She's been dating her boyfriend, Jake since May 2018 and they have plans, and she just really has gotten life over the last couple of years and thinking more of her future.
Logan, well Logan is still Logan. That boy still cracks us up all the time, but he is very quiet. He loves his computer games and music. His love for music is not the same as friends, he has his own style that he likes (folk). He still does not follow the crowd at all, he marches to his own beat and we love that. He's now in 9th grade at Grayson with his dad. He has his learner's permit, but getting him to drive is like pulling teeth and if you know Logan you know pulling teeth is very traumatic! LOL! He's had his best friend Logan since I think 2nd grade. Logan's love for music is also in the instruments. He played trombone during middle school and now stand-up bass in high school, he bought his first acoustic bass several years ago, then bought an electric bass, amp, and last a bango, so he has a room full of instruments that we never get to hear. He's on the worship team at church so he rotates in on Sundays and Wednesdays for youth. He doesn't know what he wants to do after high school so we are still working on that.
Michael, wow a lot has changed for him! The last time we chatted he was still coaching football at Grayson, but since then he wrapped up that career after the 2nd State Championship back in 2016 and he is now just teaching and loving life. Last year when the big Corona Virus (Covid-19) Pandemic hit and everyone was stuck at home, he dusted off the old guitar again. That's what first drew me to him, so to have that back out was like putting another spark in my eye. (-; After a year, he is now out playing as a solo cover artist and it's really taking off just in the past month. I will be posting a lot about this journey I'm sure as we are both really enjoying the music again.
And for me, well not much has changed with me except maybe my weight up and down. LOL! I'm still an admin. assistant at Pitney Bowes, going on my 23rd year in June. I'm still driving that same minivan "Ethel" with almost 275K miles on her. Although, we were just about to be car shopping this week when she almost conked out on us coming home from S. GA last weekend. Although, due to Covid the car industry is so weird right now, along with many other industries. Thankfully we fixed Ethel and she rides again! The biggest change for me was losing my mom back in August 2018 to cancer. That was and still is one of my hardest moments in life. It's as if I thought my parents would live forever, but I think it was more so having to watch her endure such pain and suffering through the treatments.
So, now everyone is caught up with us, and let's try to keep things rolling!
No comments:
Post a Comment