Monday, June 14, 2021

A year ago, the music started back up

 I posted the below post a year ago on Facebook and boy let me tell you, this past year has been amazing for us. I know there has been so much uncertainty, heartache for some, hard times for others with the loss of jobs, or those small businesses who have lost business due to Covid, but for us, it has brought so much more.

This guy!
❤️

Seeing this picture of this man from last weekend, standing peacefully in the forest, just playing his guitar takes me back 25 years to the day I met him. Except he was standing on a little stage in my hometown in blue jeans and boots, for a little crowd at the county fair.
Music was the catalyst of our meeting with the help from a few friends. He played that guitar for about 8-9 years after that, just sitting around the house. It was actually a part of our furniture.
Then another passion came into play, football, and he slowly stopped picking up the guitar to pick up the remote to watch game film. His whistle became his voice and took away that voice that would serenade me every now and then. We were in a new season of life where we felt God was pulling us.
That season was an amazing time, with some great families, players and coaches, but he was feeling it coming to an end. It was no longer as fun, the changes were getting harder and he went back to God and felt it was time to step out of that role.
Now with all that extra time, he picked up a few more hobbies and pulled the guitar back out ever now & then, but it wasn’t until a few years later when this thing called “shelter in place” became part of our vocabulary that he actually dusted his guitar off.
Now, it sits in our living room again as part of our furniture. While I’m doing other things I hear his voice coming back, just as I did 25 years ago. I love when he sings, it’s taking him time and work to build back up, just like anything else, but man I love it and I love him (even as he snores!) ❤️😂🎤🎼🎸 #takingmebackintime #onceagroupiealwaysagroupie


No comments: